BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default how to turn on|off wireless, bluetooth

Please Login to Remove!

How do I turn on or off wireless or the bluetooth wireless radios?
Offline  
Old 11-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,686
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 100 Times in 72 Posts
Default

There should be an antenna icon on your device. That will turn on/off the wireless. To turn bluetooth on/off normally there is a bluetooth on/off icon on the main screen. If there isn't you can go to options >bluetooth and turn it off there.
Offline  
Old 11-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

haha, thanks... I mean code wise. I thought that would have been implied being this is the developer forum.
Sorry to miscommunicate ... and confuse.



Benjamin


Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
There should be an antenna icon on your device. That will turn on/off the wireless. To turn bluetooth on/off normally there is a bluetooth on/off icon on the main screen. If there isn't you can go to options >bluetooth and turn it off there.
Offline  
Old 11-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,686
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 100 Times in 72 Posts
Default

Ha! I totally missed that. I just answered the question without regard to the forum posted in.

Sorry. Carry on!
Offline  
Old 11-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So, you don't know if it's possible?




Benjamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Ha! I totally missed that. I just answered the question without regard to the forum posted in.

Sorry. Carry on!
Offline  
Old 11-01-2007, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,686
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 100 Times in 72 Posts
Default

No, sorry...I only know how to use it. I know nothing about programming these things.
Offline  
Old 11-01-2007, 11:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Golden, CO US
Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 684
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

net.rim.device.api.system.Radio.activateWAFs()
net.rim.device.api.system.Radio.deactivateWAFs()
For the wireless. Not sure about bluetooth.
Offline  
Old 11-02-2007, 01:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank you for those code snips. I googled and found a huge database of all the api calls.
I didn't see any bluetooth calls, so maybe it's not possible.



Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyJ View Post
net.rim.device.api.system.Radio.activateWAFs()
net.rim.device.api.system.Radio.deactivateWAFs()
For the wireless. Not sure about bluetooth.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.