BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Developer
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default jad to cod (with midlet) problem (help me)

Please Login to Remove!

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\bin>rapc import="c:\BlackBerryJDE3.6\lib\net_rim_api.jar" codename=BlackBerryHelloW
orld -midlet jad=BlackBerryHelloWorld.jad BlackBerryHelloWorld.jar
Parsing manifest
Parsing classfile: BlackBerryHelloWorld.class
Error!908: Application has malformed attribute: MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.1

The code in the BlackBerryHelloWorld class is a basic helloworld midlet.
And it's working with Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola and Sun emulator (simulators) .

Why doesn't it working ?
What is this error ??

Thanks,


Brice
Offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Found a solution to exact same problem

Hi Brice,

First off lemme just say this, I had the exact same problem and spent hours tearing my hair out until I found a simple solution. Second of all, I know this was posted back in january and i'm replying because hopefully whoever reads this will be helped in finding a solution.

The following error:

Error!908: Application has malformed attribute: MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.1

For me this error meant that I had unsupported files in my RES folder. I checked and noticed I had jpegs in there, and so I removed those and left the folder with only .png (for images) and .wav (for sound files).

low and behold this fixed the error. I was shocked and appalled especially since the custom batch file I had downloaded kept spitting out errors making fun of my code.

I don't understand why my code simply builds in the wireless toolkit and then has a bunch of trouble converting itself over to a cod file based on a jpeg res file error. Not only that, the batch file was very informative in telling me a lot of things the wireless toolkit compiler did not. I'm not saying I don't like the wtk, it's just that if i'm compiling code that eventually won't work in conversion to a cod then what's the point of compiling?

Anyways I really hope the error is simply based on my res folder...and as for the other errors I got, hopefully those are minor which is why the wtk will compile regardless of them.

Well heres the forum I used to find the batch which helped me to fix the bug

blackberryforums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=20581

the Rapc actually proved to show a lot more then i'd expected. But truth be told it can be very confusing, I wonder if someones job is solely to take finished midlets and convert them over to cods.

Hope this helps!
Offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default more on the subject

Turns out not only is the problem caused by jpegs, in fact it's largely due to the file size of the Res Folder. For example I had song files that made the file up to 200 mb!!!! even after lowering it down to around 20 mb it was still wayyyy too big. Luckily wav compression programs do exist, and well I guess they simply rewrite the file in a lower quality format...but even the largest wav files can be trimmed down to around 200 kb which might lack quality but is a huge relief compared to the 20 mb file I was working with.

So be sure to check file size, and file type in the Res Folder.
Offline  
Old 03-20-2009, 03:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default jad to cod (with midlet) problem (help me) - my experience

Dear,

I just got the same experience and fixed it.
What my problem is that my MIDlet was for MIDP 2.1 when I created it by using SUN's SDK 3.0 EA.
Actually, I don't need it to be 2.1 so that I changed to 2.0.
Then, make a new jad and jar.
Then, put them into the porject in BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1.
Then, I can build it and run it in the simulator.

p.s.
Of course, I had removed the wav, mp4 file from the jar too.

Hope this help.

Dennis
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.