Thank you both very much. Your links were more than helpful. I managed to finish my first program (no real use, but I got to deal with multiple screens, menus, and an http connection).
It's a script to get statistics on a potential enemy in World of Warcraft. It parses a url from user input, connects to a php script on my web server, and returns data. The php script pulls data from the xml script on wowarmory.com, parses it, and returns the information (I didn't want to get into parsing xml on the BB yet, lol).
If anyone wanted to take a look at the script (to use or to give me suggestions on code optimizations, shortcuts, etc), it is available via source and OTA.
Thanks again for the links!