In case this is helpful, here are the parameters I add to the URL for various configurations, which appear to be all working correctly:
- Default (BES) = no string
- MDS (to force use of an MDS on the BES) = ";deviceside=false"
- WiFi = ";deviceside=true;ConnectionUID=S TCP-WiFi;ConnectionSetup=delayed;retrynocontext=true" or simply ";deviceside=true;interface=wifi"
- BIS-B = ";deviceside=false;ConnectionType=mds-public"
- TCP (requiring a correct WAP configuration)= ";deviceside=true"
I guess the configuration for "BIS-B" is the one you're looking for.
Now, I wish I could determine the right configuration programmatically instead of having the user select his/her configuration.