03-31-2009, 07:33 AM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Confirmations, questions surrounding a calling card app.
Please Login to Remove!
Greetings to you all bunch. I'm a newbie and this is my first post here.
I am working on an app is similar to a Automated-Long distance calling card.
This is how the app is desired to be used,
1. Dial "55555" - a toll free number
2. Select language by pressing 1 for English, 2 for German etc
3. Enter 12 digit Identification PIN
4. After successful identification enters a valid phone number and the call starts.
I have no experience of Blackberry development. So far have spent time reading manuals, forums and posts.
Via this post, I thought I will try to substantiate and confirm my findings. Listing below some-such questions,
1. Is Event - Injection or Tracing the "End call" menu-item(..and running it), the only way to end an initiated call?
2. Isn't there a Blackberry API available to end a call?
3. To end the call, is menu tracing a preferred method over event injection? If it's so, is that due to deprecation of event injection?
4. How safe is Global menu tracing and running/execution?
5. After a call is ended, dialing 55555(Step 1..see above) programatically is done using PhoneArguments class. Which leads to recursion due to a pre-registered PhoneListener? In such scenarios is there a best practice/method to de-register the phoneListener? or how this should ideally be handled?
Any help/guidance is appreciated.
Last edited by FrugalHorn : 03-31-2009 at 08:53 AM.