10-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Join Date: Oct 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Invoke browser from email and submit a mailto
Please Login to Remove!
I'm trying to get a scenario to run on a BlackBerry which runs perfectly with Outlook2007 and IE Browser:
1. user receives an email in Outlook 2007 with a *.html file attached
2. user opens the attached file by double clicking it
3. the file opens in the IE browser
4. the html file contains a web form with some input fields and a submit button
5. the action parameter of the form tag is action="mailto:email@example.com?subject=test"
6. when submitting the data an email is created automatically in Outlook and send
The question is whether this is possible w/o development effort on the client side using a BlackBerry.
a) is it possible to open an attachment, which contains html (or wml), with the BlackBerry Browser, by just selecting the file attachment?
b) does Blackberry create and send an email automatically when submitting data from a form using a mailto-action?
Thanks and regards,