BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 43
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Pushing data to the blackberry? Please Help :)

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all,

I am an experienced developer, however i've only done BB development for a few months now. The application I am making requires data to be pushed to it.

I understand this is possible. I spent some time trying to find a tutorial or something to show me how this is done without success.

No need to go into great detail, but how is this done? Do I need to purchase anything? Or do i just write code somewhere that pushes the data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Ryan
Offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: LEZ10
OS: 10.0.10
Carrier: Rogers CA
Posts: 1,704
Post Thanks: 20
Thanked 77 Times in 68 Posts
Default

You need an MDS server, usually part of the Blackberry Enterprise Server to push data. That you you can use Web Signals, which requires Alliance membership. If you have a BES, and are using LAMPs (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl), or the equivalent under Windows I can give you the link to some excellent software.
__________________
My other Blackberry is a PlayBook.
Offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 43
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the reply.

Ya, we do have a BES and MDS running where I work. Any links you can provide would be great

Does the Alliance membership cost money? Not sure what that is...
Offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: LEZ10
OS: 10.0.10
Carrier: Rogers CA
Posts: 1,704
Post Thanks: 20
Thanked 77 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanRitten View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Ya, we do have a BES and MDS running where I work. Any links you can provide would be great
Here you go: http://blog.fupps.com/documents/blac...ble-framework/

Quote:
Does the Alliance membership cost money? Not sure what that is...
Yes, it does. You can find links to information at blackberry.com
__________________
My other Blackberry is a PlayBook.
Offline  
Old 01-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Techm
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi , Is there any code or idea for the client developmet at device for Push message


Thanks
Biswa
Offline  
Old 01-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: LEZ10
OS: 10.0.10
Carrier: Rogers CA
Posts: 1,704
Post Thanks: 20
Thanked 77 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biswam View Post
Hi , Is there any code or idea for the client developmet at device for Push message


Thanks
Biswa
Why don't you put your question in a new thread, and be more specific about what you want. Otherwise, yes there is code, and yes there are ideas.
__________________
My other Blackberry is a PlayBook.
Offline  
Old 01-22-2010, 03:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: wifi
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanRitten View Post
Hey all,

I am an experienced developer, however i've only done BB development for a few months now. The application I am making requires data to be pushed to it.

I understand this is possible. I spent some time trying to find a tutorial or something to show me how this is done without success.

No need to go into great detail, but how is this done? Do I need to purchase anything? Or do i just write code somewhere that pushes the data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Ryan
Does your question speaks about: "How to deploy my app onto the device ?"

If yes I have one answer for you

Last edited by aldebarande : 01-22-2010 at 03:26 AM.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.