03-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Mar 2010
Carrier: No Carrier at the moment
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Integrating BlackBerry Emulator to NetBeans
Please Login to Remove!
Please help me out to integrate the BlackBerry Emulator Java Platform to the NetBeans IDE for easy and fast development. I am using NetBeans IDE 6.8.
I have download both the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulators 5.0.0 and BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0, and installed both. Then I tried to plug the BlackBerry Emulator platform to the Netbeans. For that I followed following steps:
1. Right Click on my Java ME Project, and select the Properties
2. In the Category, select the Platform
3. Click on the Manage Emulators... Button shown, which opens the Java Platform Manager window.
4. It shows the Platforms list, which doesn't shows the BlackBerry platform for Java.
5. So Click on the Add Platform... Button provided, which opens the Add Java Platform window, which shows 3 steps, in the first step you have select any one out of the options of platform types.
6. Select Java ME MIDP Platform Emulator
7. After selecting type, it proceeds to step 2, opens a file chooser window named as Choose directory to search for platforms, through which you have to browse the directory in which you have installed the BlackBerry JDE. It also provide the Button Find More Java ME Platform Folders...
8. Then locate the directory in which you have installed the BlackBerry JDE. I tried to locate BlackBerry Simulator also.
It shows the Red Message There is no platform selected for installation and never reach to the step 3 which will show the detected platform.
IE it doesn't detects the platform. So What might be the problem? I hope I have followed the correct steps as mentioned above. Please correct me where I was wrong. If I am missing any step please let me know.
I have Windows XP OS installed on my PC. Are my versions okay and compatible which eachother? I have BB 8520 Curve Smartphone. I have developed Java ME midlet using NetBeans. But now I want to modify it so I need integrate BB emulator to NetBeans.
I am finding it difficult to plug the BlackBerry Platform the NetBeans. Please help me. I am eagerly waiting for the response. Please ask me any information if you need from me.
Thanks and Regards.