We have an enterprise app that overall works very well. We went through some growing pains last summer but have gotten thru that. Overall, the majority of our users are very happy with our app.
However, we have seemingly random failures of our software on a small percentage of devices. This is especially a problem when in a 10-20 user pilot with 1 or 2 devices that don't work - 10% failure rates don't help our first impression. (Overall failure rates << 1% of deployed devices)
* Application is distributed via BES
* Custom IT Policy items control setup, SW Config controls permissions, etc
* App runs in background with minimal UI (primarily for retrieving debugging/troubleshooting info)
We run into a couple of problems (some more common than others and each typically isolated to 1 device)
* Our sw on the BB cannot connect to our server
* permissions set incorrectly causing our sw not to communicate w/ necessary APIs
* Power-off during call
* Ability to get IT to help retrieve logs/help troubleshoot
* Seemingly getting blamed for anything that goes wrong on the device
For those of you who have worked with/developed Enterprise apps or other apps that are primarily distributed via BES, what has been your experience? With dozens of users on the same SW Config & IT Policy group, do some fail for you? How have you found it working with IT to help diagnose problems?