I am a total newbie to the BB development. Think of me as a child just started going to BB play school. So any questions that I ask below may sound stupid to you all. But please bear with me. I have to achieve following. When a user opens the screen to compose an email a popup should be shown asking a yes/no kind of question. What happens after the popup is not my immediate worry. My question is how should show that popup. I have an idea but don't know if it can be done using my way. My solution consist of following.
My questions are
- Create a background service in BB which will run without any user interaction and will listen to certain application level events.
- When user tries to compose an email, my background service will capture the event (assuming that the event is raised) which notifies my service that the user is performing compose email action. Using this event my process pop out an alert.
- Can I create a background service in BB which will keep on running when the phone boots?
- Will my service be able to capture some sort of "email composing"/"new email" event?
- Will my service be able to show an alert if it's supposed to run in the background? If no, than will my service be able to launch another application(which does the alert functionality)?
Please let me know if my approach is right or wrong?