The conditions for my bb app to run:
- My Operator Op_A gives me APN Apn_a by default, but it also gives Apn_b that is not visible to client.
- Apn_b is meant to run my application (embedded web site). It will not run on any other APN.
- Any site: that is Google for example will not open using Apn_b.
- Blackberry does the polling to connect the sites internally.
- When I set the APN from my handset's tcp/ip advanced settings, my application runs.
- When I disable the above setting, and use APN=Apn_b, the logger shows the this APN is being used, but the connection does not happen.
What I want to know is that why does the APN accepted in the device setting, and what I have to do from my application to get it connected?
Summary of settings:
public static final String urlSuff = ";WapGatewayIP=w.x.y.z;WapGatewayPort=x_1;tunnelAu thUsername=x_2;tunnelAuthPassword=x_3;wapGatewayAp n=blackberry.net;apn=Apn_b;interface=cellular;devi ceside=true";
I append this with the URL I have to browse.