SOMEBODY please program the blackberry to send a receipt for every phone call and the duration. Send it via email, or tie it into our web based database.
Time Objective: 30 days March 20 2006
Project outline: Log blackberry phone calls into the intranetsites.com system
Part 1: Blackberry application
We require an application that runs on the blackberry which will allow tracking of start and end time of phone calls made on the device, and pass that information via the web to our databases. The blackberry owner should be able to active/deactive the application. When active, the application will transmit start/end/user data to online databases via http.
Name of this application: intraLogBB
The application will run in the background on the blackberry and will send phone call data to the online database via http at the end of each phone call. The daytimer database it interacts with is specified under another project, intraLogReceiver.
This application will send phone call data to an online database used for daytimer information. The user can use this application to automatically send all the phone call data, and can log into the web site of the daytimer web application (a separate project) and can view and generate reports from that data.
System Interfaces (overview):
A setup area for the user needs to be available to set the client account/password/server information. The user should have the option of starting/stopping the application. The user should also have the option of having the application run (or not) whenever the device is started up. The rest of the application should be transparent to the user.
This application is to access information from the phone logs and contact database of the blackberry. The application needs to be triggered by a phone ending event. The application is to send the data to the online database specified in the Settings section of the application. It will communicate via http.
System Interfaces (detailed):
- configuration screen with intraLogBB account and password and server address, as well as Active/DeActivate options, and a start this application automatically at startup checkbox
- screenshot to come...
- Access to phone logs and contact database on blackberry
- requires start and end time of call, and a means to identify the contact
on the other end of the phone call from the blackberrry user
- spec details to be further specified by developer, include testing specs
- Data send triggered by end of phone call
- spec details to be further specified by developer, including testing specs
- Sending of data to the online database
- using http GET
- start and end times, and user information
- bbPhoneLogger.php?starttime=20060212143000&endtim e=20060212143400&userdata=<serialized/encrypted data here>
- user information, once decoded, would contain: email address and/or phone number,
client's intraLogBB account id and password
(provided by daytimer application administration)
- live testing will determine if the sending of the data is working correctly.
- using the blackberry device, with intraLogBB installed and running, a phone call will be made and ended. A test page will be created (outside of this scope) to ensure the data has been recieved correctly, and further testing can be done by the online database team to ensure it is being stored correctly.
ps: if you know of someone else that can help PLEASE forward , thanks