03-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Eclipse generates smaller (and apparently wrong) jar.
Please Login to Remove!
I am not having much luck in getting Eclipse to work with JDE 4.2.0. Any help will be sincerely appreciated. Here is the scenario:
1) I followed instructions in "BlackBerry Application Developer Guide", Section "Using the Eclipse development environment" to set up Eclipse 3.2 to work with JDE 4.2.0. Needed to make a couple of changes to the directions therein:
- Lowered Java compiler level to 1.4 to get rid of a build error message
- Used "codfile=..." instead of "codefile=..." in configuring the rapc builder.
2) Test code compiles on Eclipse, rapc command generates cod, Eclipse connects to simulator over JDWP, but the application does not show up on the simulator.
3) Wondering if my JDE installation was at fault, I built and ran the same code using JDE itself (no Eclipse). Everything works as expected. The test app does show up on the simulator.
4) Then I noticed that the jar generated by Eclipse is only about 80% the size of the jar generated by JDE. The cod file is also proportionately smaller.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by dsaha : 03-06-2007 at 07:57 PM.