BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Employer Job Postings (http://www.blackberryforums.com/employer-job-postings/)
-   -   Blackberry technician needed in Boston... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/employer-job-postings/75944-blackberry-technician-needed-boston.html)

kenjancef 05-09-2007 12:22 PM

Blackberry technician needed in Boston...
 
Not sure if this is the proper forum to post this, but I have a client with 11 Blackberry units and one BES, and they are having problems with one of the units.

I need to know if there is/are any techs in the Boston area that specialize in Blackberry support. There is NO WAY we are paying for Tx5 support, and they need help.

Thanks in advance.


Ken

penguin3107 05-09-2007 12:24 PM

Can you explain the problem in detail in this forum? There's a very good chance that the members here will be able to solve the issue for you.

Spamdumpster 05-09-2007 12:36 PM

I'm in Boston. PM me regarding the problem.

kenjancef 05-09-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107 (Post 532206)
Can you explain the problem in detail in this forum? There's a very good chance that the members here will be able to solve the issue for you.

One user got an 8800 a few months ago, and she connect the unit to her PC and uses Desktop Manager to just sync her Public Calendar, everything else is OTA. The problem she is having is that it seems like every day when she syncs it asks her to delete items from Outlook, and it seems like the unit wants to keep only 30 days worth of info. I have checked EVERYWHERE to see if a 30-day thing is set somewhere, but I can't find it. I even went as far as uninstalling/reinstalling Desktop Manager. Whne I re-configure everything, it works, but the next day, it happens again. I don't know what to do!!!

They are running BES 4.0.somthing... not sure exactly... but I don't think the problem is with that, because 10 other users are fine. And there are 3 other users of 8800's that aren't having issues.

Thanks...


Ken

penguin3107 05-09-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenjancef (Post 532233)
The problem she is having is that it seems like every day when she syncs it asks her to delete items from Outlook, and it seems like the unit wants to keep only 30 days worth of info. I have checked EVERYWHERE to see if a 30-day thing is set somewhere, but I can't find it.


There are calendar retention settings in Desktop Manager.
Assuming you're running the latest version of DM (4.2SP1), try this:

Connect Blackberry, and Start DM.
Double-click 'Syncronize' icon.
Click 'Configuration' tab.
Press 'Configure Synch' button.
Highlight Calendar option.
Press the 'Configure' button.
Choose 'Advanced Settings'
Look in the 'Date Range' tab.
You should then be able to specify which date ranges get synced to/from the Blackberry.

There are also some retention settings in the Blackberry which you can examine.
Go into the Blackberry Calendar, press the menu button, and choose 'Options'.
There is a setting called 'Keep Appointments' which I believe defaults to 60 days. This might also have an impact on your syncing issue.

kenjancef 05-09-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107 (Post 532279)
There are calendar retention settings in Desktop Manager.
Assuming you're running the latest version of DM (4.2SP1), try this:

Connect Blackberry, and Start DM.
Double-click 'Syncronize' icon.
Click 'Configuration' tab.
Press 'Configure Synch' button.
Highlight Calendar option.
Press the 'Configure' button.
Choose 'Advanced Settings'
Look in the 'Date Range' tab.
You should then be able to specify which date ranges get synced to/from the Blackberry.

Thanks for the reply.

Are you talking about the setting that says "Future Items", "Past Items"... because I have it set to sync All Items. I never saw the Date Range setting there. ANd they are running 4.2SP1.


Ken

penguin3107 05-09-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenjancef (Post 532285)
Are you talking about the setting that says "Future Items", "Past Items"... because I have it set to sync All Items. I never saw the Date Range setting there. ANd they are running 4.2SP1.

Yes, that is what I was referring to.
Unfortunately, that is my only suggestion. I'm a Lotus Notes user, so I'm not too familiar with how Outlook/Exchange works.
There might also be some settings on the Outlook side?

kenjancef 05-09-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107 (Post 532286)
Yes, that is what I was referring to.
Unfortunately, that is my only suggestion. I'm a Lotus Notes user, so I'm not too familiar with how Outlook/Exchange works.
There might also be some settings on the Outlook side?

Don't think so, we have 2 or 3 others with 8800's, and they have no problems. I called Tech Support, and they pretty much wanted ne to do what I had already done. I have a feeling it might be the unit. I have a few more things to check out though...

Thanks a bunch for your help, I do appreciate it.


Ken

paulbblc 05-09-2007 02:01 PM

*Moved to Employer Job Postings*


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.