BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: East Providence, RI
Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 51
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Blackberry technician needed in Boston...

Please Login to Remove!

Not sure if this is the proper forum to post this, but I have a client with 11 Blackberry units and one BES, and they are having problems with one of the units.

I need to know if there is/are any techs in the Boston area that specialize in Blackberry support. There is NO WAY we are paying for Tx5 support, and they need help.

Thanks in advance.


Ken
Offline  
Old 05-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Can you explain the problem in detail in this forum? There's a very good chance that the members here will be able to solve the issue for you.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 05-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Spamdumpster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, Mass.
Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 598
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm in Boston. PM me regarding the problem.
Offline  
Old 05-09-2007, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: East Providence, RI
Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 51
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
Can you explain the problem in detail in this forum? There's a very good chance that the members here will be able to solve the issue for you.
One user got an 8800 a few months ago, and she connect the unit to her PC and uses Desktop Manager to just sync her Public Calendar, everything else is OTA. The problem she is having is that it seems like every day when she syncs it asks her to delete items from Outlook, and it seems like the unit wants to keep only 30 days worth of info. I have checked EVERYWHERE to see if a 30-day thing is set somewhere, but I can't find it. I even went as far as uninstalling/reinstalling Desktop Manager. Whne I re-configure everything, it works, but the next day, it happens again. I don't know what to do!!!

They are running BES 4.0.somthing... not sure exactly... but I don't think the problem is with that, because 10 other users are fine. And there are 3 other users of 8800's that aren't having issues.

Thanks...


Ken
Offline  
Old 05-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjancef View Post
The problem she is having is that it seems like every day when she syncs it asks her to delete items from Outlook, and it seems like the unit wants to keep only 30 days worth of info. I have checked EVERYWHERE to see if a 30-day thing is set somewhere, but I can't find it.

There are calendar retention settings in Desktop Manager.
Assuming you're running the latest version of DM (4.2SP1), try this:

Connect Blackberry, and Start DM.
Double-click 'Syncronize' icon.
Click 'Configuration' tab.
Press 'Configure Synch' button.
Highlight Calendar option.
Press the 'Configure' button.
Choose 'Advanced Settings'
Look in the 'Date Range' tab.
You should then be able to specify which date ranges get synced to/from the Blackberry.

There are also some retention settings in the Blackberry which you can examine.
Go into the Blackberry Calendar, press the menu button, and choose 'Options'.
There is a setting called 'Keep Appointments' which I believe defaults to 60 days. This might also have an impact on your syncing issue.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org

Last edited by penguin3107 : 05-09-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Offline  
Old 05-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: East Providence, RI
Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 51
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
There are calendar retention settings in Desktop Manager.
Assuming you're running the latest version of DM (4.2SP1), try this:

Connect Blackberry, and Start DM.
Double-click 'Syncronize' icon.
Click 'Configuration' tab.
Press 'Configure Synch' button.
Highlight Calendar option.
Press the 'Configure' button.
Choose 'Advanced Settings'
Look in the 'Date Range' tab.
You should then be able to specify which date ranges get synced to/from the Blackberry.
Thanks for the reply.

Are you talking about the setting that says "Future Items", "Past Items"... because I have it set to sync All Items. I never saw the Date Range setting there. ANd they are running 4.2SP1.


Ken
Offline  
Old 05-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjancef View Post
Are you talking about the setting that says "Future Items", "Past Items"... because I have it set to sync All Items. I never saw the Date Range setting there. ANd they are running 4.2SP1.
Yes, that is what I was referring to.
Unfortunately, that is my only suggestion. I'm a Lotus Notes user, so I'm not too familiar with how Outlook/Exchange works.
There might also be some settings on the Outlook side?
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 05-09-2007, 02:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: East Providence, RI
Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 51
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
Yes, that is what I was referring to.
Unfortunately, that is my only suggestion. I'm a Lotus Notes user, so I'm not too familiar with how Outlook/Exchange works.
There might also be some settings on the Outlook side?
Don't think so, we have 2 or 3 others with 8800's, and they have no problems. I called Tech Support, and they pretty much wanted ne to do what I had already done. I have a feeling it might be the unit. I have a few more things to check out though...

Thanks a bunch for your help, I do appreciate it.


Ken
Offline  
Old 05-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
paulbblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

*Moved to Employer Job Postings*
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.