10-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Join Date: Oct 2007
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The reason that the Micro SD card is not showing up in the Roxio Media Manager is all tied to the PC not mounting the micro card properly inside Windows (*I should have guessed, it's another 'windoze' thing - sorry for the previous slamming, ROXIO).
My Micro SD card had an assignmet of F: for the drive mount (the letter the card uses to mount to your computer, i.e. C: is normally your hard drive). I already had something assigned to that letter, so the drive simply didn't show up -- with no obvious reason why...
I'm sure this one solution will probably resolve numerous related issues that people are experiencing.
If formatting and then adjusting the Mass Storage Device settings on your bb doesn't do the trick, then try this:
1) Go to the Control Panel and open Administrative tools>Computer Management
2) Select Storage>Disk Management
3) Select the 'Blackberry' Volume (you should be able to see it if it is formatted and healthy)
4) Right click on the Blackberry Volume and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths.."
6) Change it to the drive letter of your choice (make sure something else isn't already using the same letter)
7) When done, might need to unplug (unmount) your card or BB from the PC and plug it back in again.
You can now access everything within the Roxio Media Manager, given the SD card is mounting properly.