Hope this is of use to some, available from https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B999EC0D90D1FB
Software For BlackBerry 8120 (TM) |
BlackBerry Handheld Software v18.104.22.168 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 22.214.171.124
* Applications: 126.96.36.199
* Software Platform: 188.8.131.52
* File name: 8120EastAsia_PBr4.3.0_rel135_PL184.108.40.206_A220.127.116.11_ Bharti.exe
* File size: 102.78MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
*This OS will work on ANY carriers BB 8120. It won't work on 8100 or 8130.
Instructions for installing:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed. Currently, the latest version available is 4.3 and may be downloaded here: http://www.blackberry.com/go/softwaredownloads
*Note Desktop Manager 18.104.22.168 has had some reported bugs. DM 4.2 SP2 will also work fine with this release.
2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader
4. Plug in the BlackBerry and open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization." Don't unplug from the PC & Don't remove the battery unless the spinning hourglass has been there for 30 minutes or more. If the hourglass has been spinning for more than 30 minutes continuously you will need to wipe the device with JL_Cmder (close out of Desktop Manager during this process.) You will then end up with a white screen with small icons and an error code number like 507 or 543.
(Link to previous OS: Click Here.