BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Mach2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: IL
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up New Verizon Pearl Owner!

Please Login to Remove!

I finally took the plunge and purchased an 8130 over the weekend. It was very simple to setup. I was sending/receiving emails within 15 minutes. In addition, I had no problems pairing my 8130 with my car's HandsFree Link (HFL).

I was on the fence trying to decide between the Curve (8310) and the Pearl (8130). In addition to the carriers, one of my concerns was not having any experience with SureType. In the end, Verizon and the Pearl's size obtained my vote. I have had no issues using SureType.

Overall, I am very pleased. I only have one complaint - the battery cover tends to slide from side to side. Hopefully, some scotch tape will solve this problem.

Mark
Offline  
Old 12-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.526
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 75
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Nothing like some good old tape, lol

GL with the new Pearl
Offline  
Old 12-03-2007, 04:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 23
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Same problem with the battery cover on Sprint. Feels kind of cheap.
Offline  
Old 12-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Cut a business card in half and place it over then battery and then slide the cover on. It will keep it from moving and get's rid of the "squishy" feeling of the door flexing in as you type!

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 12-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Mach2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: IL
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Cut a business card in half and place it over then battery and then slide the cover on. It will keep it from moving and get's rid of the "squishy" feeling of the door flexing in as you type!

E-
Thanks! I will definitely try this.

Mark
Offline  
Old 12-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Ominx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Model: 8130
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 241
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

or get the silicone skin...makes the whole phone feel that much more sturdy.
Offline  
Old 12-03-2007, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 41
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Consider yourself lucky! I also have the 8130 and coming from the 7130 I needed a pair of pliers to get the battery cover off. So a little wiggle room is much appreciated on the 8130.
Offline  
Old 12-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Danabw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 648
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Congrats...it's a fun little piece of hardware (mostly). I'm a very recent Verizon Pearl owner as well.

Don't know what you're planning to protect it, but I am using and like very much (this is for pocket carrying, my preference):

- Silicone skin (from Verizon) in black
- BestSkinsEver screen protector (8100 version, but it fits perfectly)

Now when (not if, I know me) I drop my Pearl it will be protected on the back by the skin, and on the screen by the screen protector (much better than the static cling type).

BestSkinsEver is here...

Best Skins Ever Home Page

The Verizon Pearl silicone skin is on their website and in their stores...in case you're interested.
Offline  
Old 12-03-2007, 07:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 397
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danabw View Post
Congrats...it's a fun little piece of hardware (mostly). I'm a very recent Verizon Pearl owner as well.

Don't know what you're planning to protect it, but I am using and like very much (this is for pocket carrying, my preference):

- Silicone skin (from Verizon) in black
- BestSkinsEver screen protector (8100 version, but it fits perfectly)

Now when (not if, I know me) I drop my Pearl it will be protected on the back by the skin, and on the screen by the screen protector (much better than the static cling type).

BestSkinsEver is here...

Best Skins Ever Home Page

The Verizon Pearl silicone skin is on their website and in their stores...in case you're interested.
I second that. I bought the black silicone case a few days after my 8130 and I love it. I had the BSE on my 8830 and it was great. I can't wait for the full skins to come out for the 8130.

Jared
Offline  
Old 12-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Girion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern California
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.151
PIN: T of Guinness plz
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 147
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Welcome to the Pearl fan club...I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I have. One of the best devices out on the market today, for my money. Without question.

And in my area, VZW has the best service as well. I've a feeling that I be a Pearl owner until the next one comes out for Verizon - which likely won't be within the rest of my lifetime.
__________________
-GIRION

"For pretty things that serve no use, the true art finds its tether.
To those who know illumination comes wickless in the nether."
Offline  
Old 12-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Mach2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: IL
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominx View Post
or get the silicone skin...makes the whole phone feel that much more sturdy.
It's funny you mention this. I saw a picture of a Pearl in a black silicone case this afternoon. It looked great. I visited 2 VZW stores in my area before the game. Unfortunately, neither store had them in stock. So, I will try again tomorrow.

Mark
Offline  
Old 12-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.526
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 75
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Same problem with the battery cover on Sprint. Feels kind of cheap.
It is cheap. That's why they offer it for sale as an "accessory" on RIM's website. I guess you can always chose not to buy this exquisite "accessory" if your current "accessory" breaks
Offline  
Old 12-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Mach2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: IL
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girion View Post
Welcome to the Pearl fan club...I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I have. One of the best devices out on the market today, for my money. Without question.

And in my area, VZW has the best service as well. I've a feeling that I be a Pearl owner until the next one comes out for Verizon - which likely won't be within the rest of my lifetime.
I received a call from a friend tonight on my Pearl. He stated that he immediately noticed that I sounded much clearer that in previous conversations. And I was using my land line for those previous calls!

Mark
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.