Syncing my calendar with Outlook is not working correctly!
I'm using desktop manager 184.108.40.206, a pearl 8130, and outlook 2003 (11.8118.8132) SP2 and have ongoing calendar syncing problems. We're running an exchange server (on which my calendar and profile is stored), but not BES so I am syncing locally with outlook. On each consecutive sync, when no changes have been made to either (outlook or bberry) calendar, calendar items are alternately deleted and added to outlook. This sometimes results in missing events in outlook, and at other times double and triple events on the blackberry. If 20 items are deleted, a different number might be added back on the second sync, etc. The events involved include all day events, recurring events, and standard one-time events. I have had no problems syncing contacts, memos or tasks with outlook. Anyone else run into this problem before or have any ideas? Thanks muchly!
please keep me in the loop if you get a good response. jeffreybcohen at gmail.com
Connect the device via USB and Using DM select Backup/Restore>Advanced
then check the box next to the calendar on the RIGHT hand side (BB Side) and select Clear. Backout to the main menu and hit Synchronize>Synch Now
This will transfer the entire Outlook calendar and you will start fresh. Continuing syching as usual and see if it works (be sure to careful scrutinize deletions and additions.
I have the same issue. I went through 2 levels of VZW support before getting to Blackberry support. VZW was very friendly and willing but unable to resolve the issue. BB support knew the issue exactly. It's a bug. Working on a fix, but no date scheduled yet. My workaround is less than appealing, but it's all I have. I never make calendar changes to my BB - only in Outlook. Before I sync, I first clear out the calendar database by resetting the device calendar (link below). I then sync. All other Outlook databases (memo, todo, contacts) sync fine.
Resetting Calendar - KB04950
Have either of you tried using DM 4.2 SP2?
Using Desktop Manager v220.127.116.11 and also having calendar syncing issues
I am using DM v4.3 and having the same issues as SharonEve. I have not yet resorted to contacting tech support at my carrier, Verizon, because I've suspected it to be a bug. Online reading seems to indicate this is so. The only successful way that I have found is that mentioned above, to deleted the calendar db prior to a hardline sync.
I've seen mention of a calendar patch here on Blackberry Support. However, when I finally gave in and opened IE (being a staunch FF user), the site application launcher indicated that it would not interface with my phone. This patch seems geared at the 8330 and 8830 only. My poor little 8130 is left behind!
How To reset the Blackberry device calendar
Best wishes, I'll hope they come up with a patch soon!
Again...any reason you guys won't try 4.2 SP2 or 4.2 SP1?
I've used both, and have not gotten dupes related to DM calendar sync on my Pearl.
I have the same sort of problem..........But with a twist!
Look and see if you have it too. Do your syncing, back and forth as normal until you get it right, i.e. both outlook and BB calendars are the same.
Unplug your BB and don't sync again for the rest of the day. Next morning before you sync, check to see if your BB calendar matches your Outlook Calendar, I bet it doesn't.
In my case, the DM tries to delete about 500 Outlook entries each time I sync, no matter what settings I put into the DM (either two sync all items, or by syncing 999 days before and after), it just wants to delete them. When I tell it to re-sync, it gets it right, but stuffs up the few changes I've made to the BB in the mean time prior to syncing.
I thought the stuff ups were happening at sync time via USB, but I found that the missing endtries on the BB, were what was causing the DM to try to delete the Outlook entries!!!! The BB is somehow losing data some time during the day, causing the DM to try to delete the outlook data, its not accutally at sync time that the prob exists.
Very strange, it looks like the BB device is trying to only hang onto 3 months worth of data. Just checked the cal to see where there is no more entries and its three months.
P.S Mine is a Curve, not a Pearl, so we can see that it is more than just a device issue.
Having the same issue. Can't wait for a fix! Kills me to not have my calendar entries on the BB.
Here is how I FIXED IT!!
Do whatever you can to get a complete sync i.e. same on Outlook and BB Device. Normally I could re sync when it asked me to delete a whole lot of Outlook appointments, and it would then recognise them and put them back into the BB device.
Once you've done that, do this;
In the DM sync setup for the Calendar, set the days ahead to 999 and the days past to 14. What that will do, is make the DM only look 14 days back, it won't delete past appointments, it just won't sync any past 14 days!! Problem fixed...I have been running like this without a hitch for the past week.
It seems that the BB DM doesn't like looking back to far, before it starts wanting to wipe out past appointments, this fixes it.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.