Originally Posted by doggie
I share your pain. I am experience the same (annoying) crackling noise with my Jabra BT5020. How do you disable the Handsfree function?
If you are running the 18.104.22.168 beta, here are the directions. Let me know if it works.
1. Go to Options -> Bluetooth
2. Click the menu button (blackberry logo)
3. Select Options
4. Scroll to the Handsfree check box and click your trackball
5. Click menu button and Save
6. Disconnect and reconnect your device
I have found that you need to initiate the connection from the phone in the same menu for it to connect properly. You can do this by highlighting your BT5020 headset in the Bluetooth screen then clicking your trackball and selecting "Connect" with the headset turned on. You will lose functionality but phone calls are crisp and clear from my experience.