BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/)
-   -   App. Problem (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/116320-app-problem.html)

Chucky017 02-06-2008 12:08 AM

App. Problem
 
I added the OS v4.2.1.107 on my phone and pc (already installed on phone)
i got the desktop maneger v 4.2
but i still cant add themes or app (colorpearl or autolock)
it says " No Additional application designed for your deice were found "
i add alx files and it doesnt work i already tryed the website Application Loader Error - BlackBerryFAQ.com and im still not sure what to do can someone plz help!!!

John Clark 02-06-2008 12:23 AM

So you installed Desktop Manager v4.2 SP2?

Then (on your PC) you ALSO installed OS v4.2.1.107 AND deleted the vendor.xml file?

When you open application loader do you see checkboxes for all the native OS apps on the device (Core applications, BBMessenger, Memo Pad, etc.?)

Chucky017 02-07-2008 10:47 PM

Yea it shows native apps what is the vendor.xml file? how do u do it>?
and yea i have that DM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 824294)
So you installed Desktop Manager v4.2 SP2?

Then (on your PC) you ALSO installed OS v4.2.1.107 AND deleted the vendor.xml file?

When you open application loader do you see checkboxes for all the native OS apps on the device (Core applications, BBMessenger, Memo Pad, etc.?)


JSanders 02-07-2008 11:59 PM

find your vendor.xml file here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader

That file basically tells the OS which you are about to load which vendor your BB is from, and to load or not to load certain applications. When the OS you are loading is from another carrier other than the carrier your device is branded to, you must delete the file for that OS to load.

Chucky017 02-08-2008 12:02 PM

ok i deleted the vendor xml file but now it shows "the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the divice that you have conected to the computer contact your wireless service provider or system adm.

could it be that i dont have the browser on my phone?
or did i have to delete the Vendor file at a specific time?


Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 826911)
find your vendor.xml file here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader

That file basically tells the OS which you are about to load which vendor your BB is from, and to load or not to load certain applications. When the OS you are loading is from another carrier other than the carrier your device is branded to, you must delete the file for that OS to load.


JSanders 02-08-2008 12:06 PM

I have a feeling you need to download and install everything fresh from the start. I would certainly do that with your OS.

Follow these instructions exactly as they are posted and in the order they are written and you should have no problems.

Chucky017 02-09-2008 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 827396)
I have a feeling you need to download and install everything fresh from the start. I would certainly do that with your OS.

Follow these instructions exactly as they are posted and in the order they are written and you should have no problems.

ok i installed os but its still not working i donno

JSanders 02-09-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky017 (Post 828089)
ok i installed os but its still not working i donno

^^does not offer much detail on which to go from. "not workng i donno" won't get you far.

Chucky017 02-11-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 828304)
^^does not offer much detail on which to go from. "not workng i donno" won't get you far.

hey if i got a friend that has the same phone and same software as and version on their computer would i be able to still add applications? i only added this one theme that is caled saphire zen that i downloaded of a web page and on other app and themes it doesnt work


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.