BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default App. Problem

Please Login to Remove!

I added the OS v4.2.1.107 on my phone and pc (already installed on phone)
i got the desktop maneger v 4.2
but i still cant add themes or app (colorpearl or autolock)
it says " No Additional application designed for your deice were found "
i add alx files and it doesnt work i already tryed the website Application Loader Error - BlackBerryFAQ.com and im still not sure what to do can someone plz help!!!
Offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,686
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 100 Times in 72 Posts
Default

So you installed Desktop Manager v4.2 SP2?

Then (on your PC) you ALSO installed OS v4.2.1.107 AND deleted the vendor.xml file?

When you open application loader do you see checkboxes for all the native OS apps on the device (Core applications, BBMessenger, Memo Pad, etc.?)
Offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yea it shows native apps what is the vendor.xml file? how do u do it>?
and yea i have that DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
So you installed Desktop Manager v4.2 SP2?

Then (on your PC) you ALSO installed OS v4.2.1.107 AND deleted the vendor.xml file?

When you open application loader do you see checkboxes for all the native OS apps on the device (Core applications, BBMessenger, Memo Pad, etc.?)
Offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 11:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

find your vendor.xml file here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader

That file basically tells the OS which you are about to load which vendor your BB is from, and to load or not to load certain applications. When the OS you are loading is from another carrier other than the carrier your device is branded to, you must delete the file for that OS to load.

Last edited by JSanders : 02-08-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

ok i deleted the vendor xml file but now it shows "the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the divice that you have conected to the computer contact your wireless service provider or system adm.

could it be that i dont have the browser on my phone?
or did i have to delete the Vendor file at a specific time?


Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
find your vendor.xml file here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader

That file basically tells the OS which you are about to load which vendor your BB is from, and to load or not to load certain applications. When the OS you are loading is from another carrier other than the carrier your device is branded to, you must delete the file for that OS to load.
Offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

I have a feeling you need to download and install everything fresh from the start. I would certainly do that with your OS.

Follow these instructions exactly as they are posted and in the order they are written and you should have no problems.
Offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I have a feeling you need to download and install everything fresh from the start. I would certainly do that with your OS.

Follow these instructions exactly as they are posted and in the order they are written and you should have no problems.
ok i installed os but its still not working i donno
Offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky017 View Post
ok i installed os but its still not working i donno
^^does not offer much detail on which to go from. "not workng i donno" won't get you far.
Offline  
Old 02-11-2008, 12:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
^^does not offer much detail on which to go from. "not workng i donno" won't get you far.
hey if i got a friend that has the same phone and same software as and version on their computer would i be able to still add applications? i only added this one theme that is caled saphire zen that i downloaded of a web page and on other app and themes it doesnt work
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.