Okay, I've searched for hours and hours and have attemped to solve this on my own for an eternity, but I fail. I even tried to upgrade to the newest firmware, but instead got me a 507 error (major headache) which took about half of my life to fix. So now I turn to you guys for help. I just got a BB 8100 T-Mobile last week, and bought a 2GB Crucial MicroSD to use with it.
These are the symptoms and should answer most of your questions..
1. There is no 'Format Card' option, in fact, it says 'A media card is not presently inserted in the device', which, I'm guessing, would hinder the 'Format Card' option.
2. These are my settings under the Options -> Advanced Options -> Media Card subfolder. Media Card Support - On, Encryption Mode - None, MSMS - On, Auto Enable - No.
3. This is the firmware -- v.184.108.40.206 (platform 220.127.116.11)
4. Yes, I did format this card on the computer, no luck.
5. The card is not broken, computer can read the SD adapter and I can transfer things onto the card via the computer.
Thats pretty much all I can think of right now. I don't want to go out and buy another card if this card works fine.. So hopefully one of you guys will be able to help me out. Thanks!