03-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Mar 2008
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | A few questions from a new user
Please Login to Remove!
Alright, so I'm new around here; I just got my Pearl last week. I looked a few pages back and couldn't find answers to these exact questions. Any help anyone could give me would be awesome.
1. I was having some trouble with the call logs and SMS text logs deleting themselves. I checked the memory in the status menu, which reported that the phone had almost 600 kilobytes unused file space. Then I checked again a few minutes later and it was down to about 420 kilobytes, so I went ahead and disabled content compression. Will this for sure take care of the logs being deleted? I have the phone set to delete the calls and texts only after they've been there for 30 days.
2. John Clark(e?) posted a guide that showed how to delete unnecessary files and applications from the phone. However, it was using a program that only worked on windows, and I have a Mac. Is there a Mac analog for this program?
3. On that note, is there a Mac program for sync-ing the contacts, calendar, and files (media) that's better than PocketSync that I don't have to pay for?
4. I'm planning on buying a microSD card, but only want it so I can have caller id pictures and ringtones for a good majority of my contact list. I've heard conflicting information concerning whether this is possible. The user guide implies that you can assign a picture or music file that is stored on the microSD card to a caller ID or ringtone function, but someone at the store said you can't. What have you guys found?
5. Can I assign ringtones to all members of a group at once, rather than doing them all individually.
Thanks, I appreciate it.