BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 23
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default mass storage mode?!?!

Please Login to Remove!

Got my wife the 8130 yesterday and I have a 8830. I am trying to put pics of my daughter on her Pearl, in the device memory, but it keeps asking me to turn on mass storage mode. Which I have already done through the media card options, even though there is no media card. I was able to put some pics on my 8830 without a media card. Am I missing something here?!
Offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
sid_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: florida, gulf side...
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.546
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 115
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

that should be all you need to do...when i got my bb all i had to do was plug it into the usb, after enabling mass storage mode, and my mac recognized it as an external media card or flash drive. could make a difference 'cause i'm using a mac...try a reset or battery pull maybe?
__________________
genius borders insanity...welcome to the line in between...
Offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillyyo View Post
Got my wife the 8130 yesterday and I have a 8830. I am trying to put pics of my daughter on her Pearl, in the device memory, but it keeps asking me to turn on mass storage mode. Which I have already done through the media card options, even though there is no media card. I was able to put some pics on my 8830 without a media card. Am I missing something here?!
The 8130 come out of the box pretty low on memory. I would strongly suggest getting a media card or you will eventually find yourself in a position of losing data. Just get a 1gb card and use that. For more info on memory see:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html

Good Luck!

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
sid_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: florida, gulf side...
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.546
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 115
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
The 8130 come out of the box pretty low on memory. I would strongly suggest getting a media card or you will eventually find yourself in a position of losing data. Just get a 1gb card and use that. For more info on memory see:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html

Good Luck!

E-
good point! i was using mine to experiment with data transfer directly to the bb...i was transfering a few pics from my old phone, which was a nokia with a dinky camera...most of the pics i was transfering weren't even over 30k. i have since purchased a memory card and moved all of my media there...definitely a good suggestion, and almost a must have.
__________________
genius borders insanity...welcome to the line in between...
Offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 23
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_kid View Post
good point! i was using mine to experiment with data transfer directly to the bb...i was transfering a few pics from my old phone, which was a nokia with a dinky camera...most of the pics i was transfering weren't even over 30k. i have since purchased a memory card and moved all of my media there...definitely a good suggestion, and almost a must have.
Although I understand the media card issue, that is not a resolution to my problem. It is still clearly not functioning properly and I thought maybe there was a nuisance process with the Pearl. I will pull the batt and if not, then return it.
Offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillyyo View Post
Although I understand the media card issue, that is not a resolution to my problem. It is still clearly not functioning properly and I thought maybe there was a nuisance process with the Pearl. I will pull the batt and if not, then return it.
Once you install a Media Card and Enable Mass Storage Mode the prompt will go away and you will be able to just drag files to it using Windows. It will appear as a mass storage drive.
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.