Work has just issued me a brand new blackberry pearl and I am just waiting for my SIM to cut across to our new phone network. In the meantime I am faced with a massive dilemma of syncing across various platforms, syncing applications, networks and all kinds of other syncing issues that I am assuming I am going to be faced with.
I can work out HOW to sync myself, this is absolutely not an issue, I am just seeing some advice and experience from the community and what they've learned while I was still using a (horrible) Nokia N95.
To explain, this is my setup:
- Blackberry Pearl 8100 Wireless
- At work I am using a PC laptop w/ Outlook, Exchange Server and I am pretty sure we're using BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange
- At home I am using a MacBook
And this is what I'd like to do:
- Work: Obviously all work e-mail, all calendar items etc. as anyone would want.
- Home: I really only want to sync Calendar items into my personal account and post it into my iCal
Now, as I have said, I am waiting for cutover. Does anyone have any advice from their pas experience and what I am going to expect. I have a trip coming up the day after I am activated and will be on the road without my work computer so I need to make sure I am sync ready.