BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern Oregon
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 28
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Outlook Error

Please Login to Remove!

Okay, I need assistance from the wise ones here.
I got rid of my Pearl and regretted it and got it back. I feel much better now, by the way.

When I did the sync to my PC, everything worked great. Now, I am syncing from the Pearl to the laptop Outlook (this is the one I use most) and I get an error message that says, "Microsoft Outlook Connector Error, no available message stores". Any ideas on what the heck this is and how I resolve it??

Thanks in advance!
Laura
Offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Same type of issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasonedstudent View Post
Okay, I need assistance from the wise ones here.
I got rid of my Pearl and regretted it and got it back. I feel much better now, by the way.

When I did the sync to my PC, everything worked great. Now, I am syncing from the Pearl to the laptop Outlook (this is the one I use most) and I get an error message that says, "Microsoft Outlook Connector Error, no available message stores". Any ideas on what the heck this is and how I resolve it??

Thanks in advance!
Laura
I have the same issue. I have an 8310, latest BB OS and Desktop Mgr., Windows XP SP2 and Office 2007. I looked on BB's site and they just basically say "Have Desktop Manager 4.2 SP1 or greater installed."

I have tried recreating my Outlook profile, renaming my Intellisync personal folder, etc. and nothing seemed to work.

The exact issue occurs for me when I go into the Sync settings and try to add a new Sync relationship (Contacts folder). I get all the way through and click "Finish" and a box titled "Microsoft Outlook Connector Error" appears stating "No available message stores."
Offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern Oregon
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 28
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Fixed it!

Now...I just have to remember how!!!
I know restoring didn't do anything. I think what I did was did a repair on the whole Office and that seemed to let the file be found by the Desktop Mgr. I did keep the 4.2 though, seems to be less buggy.
If I remember more, I will let you know!
Laura
Offline  
Old 04-29-2008, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default connector specific error" BB8830WE

Found this, works like a dream

called tmobile who ended up putting me through to RIM to figure the "connector specific error". The only solution they came up with was to connect the device to the computer and click the restore button. Then click advance. From there a list is populated on the right side of the screen. I was told to highlight calendar and click clear. It cleared my calendar off of my device and when I synced it back up with my Outlook it worked perfectly. This fixed the problem right away. The only warning you should take into account is make sure your calendar on your computer is up to date because the phone calendar is erased before syncing back up.
Offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The Tmobile fix did not work for me.

I Had Office 2007 with XP Pro Sp3 on an old workstation and it worked great. Installed the latestest desktop software on a brand new workstation with Office 2007 and XP Pro SP3. Now I am recieving the error mentioned above.
Offline  
Old 11-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Fixed, but not sure what cause was...

Well, after much mulling and many attempts, I finally broke down and just created a new Windows user profile. I also started clean by uninstalling all BB Mgt Software and installed a clean version 4.6. After all of that took place, I was then able to properly sync. Of course, I also upgraded my 8310's OS to 4.5 afterward, and it was no longer a problem as that OS upgrade gave me the ability to wirelessly sync everything with me Enterprise Server.

So, I don't know what exactly caused it, but creating a new Windows profile after uninstalling all BB software should work.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.