BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 07:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Posts: 136
Post Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default am about to smash my 8120 please help me enter PIN in address book

Please Login to Remove!

I have been trying unsuccessfully to enter a friends PIN in his address book entry on my 8120. the entry field looks mainly numeric. The PIN ends with a capital S. I cannot for the life of me get the phone to come up with an S and all I get are multiple AAAAAAAAAA (the primary letter on that key) I tried for about 1 hr last night and had to stop before I started crying. Any help much appreciated. thanks
Offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 07:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,632
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by withnail69 View Post
I have been trying unsuccessfully to enter a friends PIN in his address book entry on my 8120. the entry field looks mainly numeric. The PIN ends with a capital S. I cannot for the life of me get the phone to come up with an S and all I get are multiple AAAAAAAAAA (the primary letter on that key) I tried for about 1 hr last night and had to stop before I started crying. Any help much appreciated. thanks
umm ... PINs don't have S's ... its a 5 (number five)

Valid characters for a PIN are:

0123456789ABCDEF
Offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 07:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Ironman1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Model: 9800
OS: .246
Carrier: 9800-AT&T, iPhone 4
Posts: 73
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Use the shift key to type a letter
__________________
To be born free is an accident, to live free is a privilege, and to die free is a responsibility.

BB Storm, Curve 8310, iPhone 3G
Offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Posts: 136
Post Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default jeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
umm ... PINs don't have S's ... its a 5 (number five)

Valid characters for a PIN are:

0123456789ABCDEF
I had a feeling that might be the case. The idiot texted me the wrong number. Thanks very much for your help
Offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 07:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,632
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman1075 View Post
Use the shift key to type a letter
... but S is not a valid PIN character.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,632
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by withnail69 View Post
I had a feeling that might be the case. The idiot texted me the wrong number. Thanks very much for your help
glad to help.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

And I have found that if you paste the number (copied from else where) it will strip the alpha entry automatically upon paste. Thought I was nuts for a while!
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
EPIC MOD
 
ezrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Model: ZED10
OS: DOS 3.1
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 12,214
Post Thanks: 9
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Thought I was nuts for a while!
What do you mean "thought"

I believe it has been scientifically proven that you are crazy!!!
__________________
ZED 10
Offline  




Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.