BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2008, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted

I am a new Pearl owner and am finding it quiet daunting. My latest issue: When the screen shows that I have missed a call and I click on it, it carries me to a screen that is asking me to type in a name or number to make a call. It is not showing me what calls I missed. I'm sure I have clicked something to change it...please help.
Terri
Offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Welcome to the forums, Terri!

Which Pearl do you have - the 8100 or the 8130 (from Sprint or Verizon)?

On my 8130, when I miss a call I have the dialog that pops up with View or Close options. If I click View, I am taking to the Call Log screen that shows 'My Number' near the top of the screen, then a blank field under that, then a list of my recent calls.

Are you seeing that?
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint, Alltel
Posts: 262
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the same problem with my 8830. When you click on the View missed calls dialog, sometimes it doesn't actually show any numbers. If you exit out of that screen and view the call log by hitting the phone button, then you can see the missed call(s).
Offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68
Welcome to the forums, Terri!

Which Pearl do you have - the 8100 or the 8130 (from Sprint or Verizon)?

On my 8130, when I miss a call I have the dialog that pops up with View or Close options. If I click View, I am taking to the Call Log screen that shows 'My Number' near the top of the screen, then a blank field under that, then a list of my recent calls.

Are you seeing that?
Thanks for responding so quickly. I have the 8130. Even from the home screen, when I click on the button to the left side of the trackball, the click on the call log icon (yellow phone w/ two arrows), it brings up this screen that has my phone number, ten a empty text box, then it says:Type a name or number to make a call.
Terri
Offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint, Alltel
Posts: 262
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If you make a call, does it show in the call log then?
Offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_perry
I have the same problem with my 8830. When you click on the View missed calls dialog, sometimes it doesn't actually show any numbers. If you exit out of that screen and view the call log by hitting the phone button, then you can see the missed call(s).
I have tried that, still no numbers.
Terri
Offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriLynnSurrency
Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68
Welcome to the forums, Terri!

Which Pearl do you have - the 8100 or the 8130 (from Sprint or Verizon)?

On my 8130, when I miss a call I have the dialog that pops up with View or Close options. If I click View, I am taking to the Call Log screen that shows 'My Number' near the top of the screen, then a blank field under that, then a list of my recent calls.

Are you seeing that?
Thanks for responding so quickly. I have the 8130. Even from the home screen, when I click on the button to the left side of the trackball, the click on the call log icon (yellow phone w/ two arrows), it brings up this screen that has my phone number, ten a empty text box, then it says:Type a name or number to make a call.
Terri
Oops, forgot to add: It is alltel
Terri
Offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_perry
If you make a call, does it show in the call log then?
It just started doing this. A few days ago I was able to see the call log. That is why I think I may have clicked something that changed it.
Offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Sounds like maybe your caps lock or something is on? Do you see 123 or ABC in the top right corner of your screen?
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68
Sounds like maybe your caps lock or something is on? Do you see 123 or ABC in the top right corner of your screen?
no..top right:
signal bar, under that "1XEV"
Offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Have you already tried removing the battery for a few seconds and then putting it back in? That clears up a lot of weird stuff...
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68
Have you already tried removing the battery for a few seconds and then putting it back in? That clears up a lot of weird stuff...
No, that sounds easy enough. I will try that. I have to be away from my desk for a couple of hours..thanks for your help..I will be back if that doesn't work.
Terri
Offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriLynnSurrency
Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68
Have you already tried removing the battery for a few seconds and then putting it back in? That clears up a lot of weird stuff...
No, that sounds easy enough. I will try that. I have to be away from my desk for a couple of hours..thanks for your help..I will be back if that doesn't work.
Terri
Thanks for the help. I took the battery out, and the problem was still there, but I got a friend to call and it showed up...maybe the problem is solved.
Terri
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.