1. The 8100 does not have WiFi. The 8120 does. You don't need a special plan to access WiFi, you need a wireless signal, like at a hotspot or your home wireless router.
2. Whatever you pay, will be the cost. It varies.
3. You can't download MS Word, but there is a BB version called eWord, costs $$s.
4. The 8100 is quite a reliable device.
1. Yes, you need a Blackberry Data plan in order to get email, internet, etc.
2. Not sure...check with your carrier.
3. The 8100 doesn't have wifi. The 8120 does.
4. No microsoft Word. Word docs can be viewed as email attachments only.
5. Yes, the pearl is a very reliable phone.
i am buying the phone off a friend, he has had it a month but has decided to get a different phone. could i have possible messed up the model? i know for sure it has wifi and goodle maps. what model did i confuse it with? i do know its a pearl. he had said to me at the start it may have been a 8110.