BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/)
-   -   Latest OS: 8110 4.5.0.52/4.5.0.37 vodafone.de (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/134746-latest-os-8110-4-5-0-52-4-5-0-37-vodafone-de.html)

JSanders 06-12-2008 08:16 AM

Latest OS: 8110 4.5.0.52/4.5.0.37 vodafone.de
 
Latest 8110 OS: 4.5.0.52/4.5.0.37 vodofone.de (Multilanguage)
This OS will load on any carrier's 8110 model as long the user follows the instructions below exactly as written.

Package Version: 4.5.0.52
Consisting of:
  • Applications: 4.5.0.37
  • Software Platform: 2.7.0.55
  • File name: 8110M_PBr4[1].5.0_rel52_PL2.7.0.55_A4.5.0.37.exe
  • File size: 85MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Click here to download:
Hilfe & Support / BlackBerry / BlackBerry-Handhelds / BlackBerry 8110 vodafone.de


Instructions for installing:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed. Currently, the latest version available is 4.3 and may be downloaded here: http://www.blackberry.com/go/softwaredownloads

2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.

3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader

4. Plug in the BlackBerry and open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization." Don't unplug from the PC & Don't remove the battery unless the spinning hourglass has been there for 30 minutes or more. If the hourglass has been spinning for more than 30 minutes continuously you will need to wipe the device with JL_Cmder (close out of Desktop Manager during this process.) You will then end up with a white screen with small icons and an error code number like 507 or 543.

Previous OS version located HERE:

*Note: Also, on all devices it's a good idea to make a backup of your media card before loading OS 4.5. Constant reboots can occur when using media cards formatted in OS 4.2 or 4.3 in OS 4.5. Then reformat the media card in OS 4.5 and restore your data.

*Note: While in Application Loader be sure and check the boxes to add Documents To Go to your device. Failure to install Documents To Go will cause java errors in some 3rd party apps.

curriertech 06-12-2008 01:35 PM

Upgraded without incident, thanks!

chadmd23 06-12-2008 02:25 PM

Where is the love for the 8120?

JSanders 06-12-2008 02:38 PM

If you value your UMA, I am told you better off with no love from 4.5, for now.

jeremyckitching 06-12-2008 03:53 PM

I was looking at the title of the thread and it says 4.5.0.52/4.3.0.37. Should that second number be 4.5.0.37 instead of 4.3.0.37?

acnst 06-12-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyckitching (Post 968681)
I was looking at the title of the thread and it says 4.5.0.52/4.3.0.37. Should that second number be 4.5.0.37 instead of 4.3.0.37?

Thanks, that is a typo, I will modify it.

arnoz 06-13-2008 02:50 AM

First I'll wait as I own a 8120 and second, didn't I read in the BETA forum that .37 still has a few majos issues like battery life etc? Don't you think it might be an error from Vodafone to already publish it (just asking, I'm not sure!)?

chadmd23 06-14-2008 09:38 AM

That's one thing you can't fault TMO for, they always wait and put out a pretty solid OS build.

stac 06-16-2008 09:50 AM

Infinite Reboot on AT&T 8110
 
Anyone else experiencing an infinite reboot cycle trying to install this OS on their AT&T branded 8110? After erasing apps and loading the new OS, that next reboot fails and my handset goes into an infinite cycle... I'd appreciate any input...

Thx,
Stac

linekbp 06-17-2008 01:30 AM

whats new in this firmware ? i have 4.3.0.93, should i upgrade?. i have the problem or reset error also , i think i should go with the new version, but i am waiting for people to post who have successfully upgraded the firmware. pleas post

linekbp 06-17-2008 02:32 AM

what if one forgets to delete the vendor .xml file , can he revive the BB?

curriertech 06-17-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linekbp (Post 974429)
whats new in this firmware ? i have 4.3.0.93, should i upgrade?. i have the problem or reset error also , i think i should go with the new version, but i am waiting for people to post who have successfully upgraded the firmware. pleas post

I can't seem to find any improvements over 4.3, and it's been a little flakey with 4.5 on it (standby randomly stops working, slow performance, etc, nothing catastrophic...) so I'm going back to 4.3 as soon as it finishes downloading.

JSanders 06-17-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linekbp (Post 974439)
what if one forgets to delete the vendor .xml file , can he revive the BB?

If you forget to delete the vendor.xml file, your App Loader will not recognize the upgrade and do nothing.

John Clark 06-20-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stac (Post 973172)
Anyone else experiencing an infinite reboot cycle trying to install this OS on their AT&T branded 8110? After erasing apps and loading the new OS, that next reboot fails and my handset goes into an infinite cycle... I'd appreciate any input...

Thx,
Stac

This is usually caused by the media card. You'll need to remove the card and/or backup your data and reformat the card in 4.5. Most of the time that takes care of it. Occasionally though, putting some of the files back on the card will cause the issue to return.

eykhong 06-20-2008 12:29 PM

Sorry if this has been brought up, but I didn't find anything through a search. It appears that you cannot add a contact to BB Messenger using the "Use Once" option that was once available. You need to have the person in your contact list in order to add them. Am I correct here?

ANALYZER 06-22-2008 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 967778)
Latest 8110 OS: 4.5.0.52/4.5.0.37 vodofone.de (Multilanguage)
This OS will load on any carrier's 8110 model as long the user follows the instructions below exactly as written.

Package Version: 4.5.0.52
Consisting of:
  • Applications: 4.5.0.37
  • Software Platform: 2.7.0.55
  • File name: 8110M_PBr4[1].5.0_rel52_PL2.7.0.55_A4.5.0.37.exe
  • File size: 85MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Click here to download:
Hilfe & Support / BlackBerry / BlackBerry-Handhelds / BlackBerry 8110 vodafone.de


Instructions for installing:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed. Currently, the latest version available is 4.3 and may be downloaded here: http://www.blackberry.com/go/softwaredownloads

2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.

3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader

4. Plug in the BlackBerry and open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization." Don't unplug from the PC & Don't remove the battery unless the spinning hourglass has been there for 30 minutes or more. If the hourglass has been spinning for more than 30 minutes continuously you will need to wipe the device with JL_Cmder (close out of Desktop Manager during this process.) You will then end up with a white screen with small icons and an error code number like 507 or 543.

Previous OS version located HERE:


Upgraded without incident, thanks from Vodafone Spain

JSanders 06-22-2008 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eykhong (Post 979868)
It appears that you cannot add a contact to BB Messenger using the "Use Once" option that was once available. You need to have the person in your contact list in order to add them. Am I correct here?

Not correct. You can simply add any new email or PIN without the user being currently in your Address Book.

curriertech 06-23-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curriertech (Post 974907)
I can't seem to find any improvements over 4.3, and it's been a little flakey with 4.5 on it (standby randomly stops working, slow performance, etc, nothing catastrophic...) so I'm going back to 4.3 as soon as it finishes downloading.

As soon as I downgraded to 4.3 I realized that the 'live' message search option is a new feature in 4.5 and I've been wanting that forever so I immediately went back to 4.5 again. I'm still having the standby issue (it won't go into standby after the phone has been on for a while), but I just switch over to keyboard lock when that happens.

rkneeshaw 06-23-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curriertech (Post 982862)
but I just switch over to keyboard lock when that happens.

has the issue been fixed in 4.5 where you can still hold down the power button and turn off the device when they keypad is "locked"?

curriertech 06-23-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkneeshaw (Post 982924)
has the issue been fixed in 4.5 where you can still hold down the power button and turn off the device when they keypad is "locked"?

Nope. :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.