I have had a few issues with the 4.2 -> 4.5 upgrade, none too series but here is another. When ever I go to the media section, it constantly says "scanning" at the bottom of the screen. Not a biggy, but quite annoying. Has anyone else had this problem or is it suppost to be like that?
yeah, im not gonna act like i understand how this happened at all but...
I turned off the phone, took the battery out and the sd card. Then I put them all back in and turned it on. And the "scanning" dissapeared, adding to that I can now also access the music on the media card just by going through the media player. Where as before i had to go to the menu and click on explore then fidn the files on the media card ( very annoying and not nice since I cant use the playlist/artist/album..... support). No idea how this happened but im happy.
umm if you look around you will find my other threads but the problems i had were...
- the "scanning" logo at the bottom of the media page
- the phone not correctly recognizing the music on the media card
- overall slow ( i believe this was cause when i upgrade i installed all the languages which took up alot of the memory, but i deleted them not long after and now its fine)
- there seems to be 2 tzones icons on my main menu, i still havent resolved this problem i simply hide one of them, if anyone can solve this problem for me, the help would be appreciated
- Now apparently when ever i switch themes my IM icon changes (very small problem but a confusing one)
- All my preloaded pictures/video's were deleted for some odd reason, but not the ringtones, they stayed. This is also not resolved, and strange since i can still view some of the old pictures as backgrounds when ever I change my theme
it will be back. i find that of every 5 reboots, about 1 or 2 will result in improper on incomplete scanning of media files. i rebuilt and reformatted my card 3 times now, leaving all the .dat files out, and still have the problem. additionally, when it does properly build the media library, the library just disappears a few hours later - all the artists will be listed, but when i click on an artist, there are no albums listed. same for all artists.
my workaround to get to specific albums is to use the "explore" function of media. i have also found that even if the media library is not properly built, if the "all songs" list is properly built, then the "shuffle songs" function will work, which i like to use quite a bit.
__________________ "the trick to forgetting the big picture is to look at everything close-up" -chuck palahniuk
I haven't had this happen recently. When it does I:
1. Connect the BB to my PC and turn one mass storage.
2. In an explorer window, go to the music folder on the SD card and do a search for *.dat (I'm using Vista Premium).
3. Select all files found and delete them.
4. Disconnect and open the media app on the BB. The scan should now complete.
The last time that I did this fix I:
1. Right click the music folder in the SD card and chose properties
2. Make sure that the "all items" option is selected under folder templates on the customize tab.
3. Make sure the the check box to apply to all sub folders is selected and click OK.
I think that Vista puts something extra on the card when you leave the folder template set to "music icons".
Since I did these two things together, I have not had to rescan again. Without the second part the problem always came back after a few reboots. This is far easier than backup/restoring everything (6.7GB on a 8GB card), which I did many times before.