BlackBerry Handheld Software v18.104.22.168 (Multilanguage) for the 8130 model
, from US Cellular NOTE: Download links removed from US Cellular's site as of 9/5/08.
Package Version: 22.214.171.124
* Applications: 126.96.36.199
* Software Platform: 188.8.131.52
* File name: 8130uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel90_PL184.108.40.206_A220.127.116.11_USCC .exe
* File size: 72.93MB https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B58CE00D1194C9
This is application version .66 not .90
Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 8130:
1. Make sure you have Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 or higher installed. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
2. Then Download the above mentioned OS file to the PC and install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.
To find previous versions of the OS for this device, click http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-5-0-82-a.html