Loss of EDGE after upgrade to 22.214.171.124
I am running a 8100 with 4.2 (sorry can't remember exact version number), and I decided to upgrade to 126.96.36.199. The upgrade was successful, but I could no longer get EDGE, I could only get edge. This was fine prior to the upgrade. Tried the standard things (send service books, HRP registration, pull battery), no luck though.
I downgraded to 188.8.131.52, but still no luck. I had to use JLCommander to wipe handset, then put 184.108.40.206, only then did I get EDGE back.
Now that the story is complete a couple of questions:
1. Has anyone had this issue (edge instead of EDGE after upgrade)?
2. Does anyone recommend me trying to do the upgrade and go through the hassle again?
Thanks in advance.
I haven't seen anyone else comment that they lost EDGE after the upgrade.
I am guessing it had more to do with a service book issue, and I read you did what you could there.
Personally, I would attempt it again, since it sounds like more of a glitch. I know there are many others on Vodafone Aus running 4.5
Cool Thanks, worst comes to worst I'll use JLCommander, and then put 4.5 on directly.
You can try going to Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, then go to the menu and select Register Now. I dunno what it does, but it solves the occasional problem.
yes hi, i do have that problem.. with 220.127.116.11.. pearl.. i called tmobile, the only thing they said after doing everything you did was, maybe the SIM card.. they dont know I had the 18.104.22.168 though :) but also too, I think it might be that release.. for me, it just takes a while to get the EDGE back, sometimes overnight, it sucks but oh well..
Just a quick update on the situation:
I tried the upgrade twice and no luck, tried 2 different carriers as well. I finally got it to work by using JLCommander, put 4.5 straight on it and restored config. All good now.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.