8130 VS washing machine...please help.
So last night my Pearl was submerged in the washing machine for about 5 min before I caught it.
I pulled it out of the machine...pulled it out of the holster, and immediately the screen was white. I pulled out the battery.
I took a blow dryer to it to help dry it out...then I let it sit in a sealed container of rice for about 12 hours.
Now everything is working on the phone. There is a little bit of foggy area on the screen but it has gotten better throughout the day.
Here is the problem. Part of the LED lights on the keyboard will not shut off for anything. Even when the phone goes to sleep they stay on. They are the lights that illuminate the #3, #6, and #9.
Has anyone encountered this after their phone has been submerged? Any chance it will go away on its own?
Pull the battery and wait until it is totally dry. You might have already fried it by turning it on so soon!
3 to 5 days...
Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ
Maybe the lights will just go off. IDK.
If everything is working on the phone besides that I'd just be grateful.
But you can always take the battery out and let it dry some more over night and see what happens
The screen is fully cleared up today.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.