BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/)
-   -   Problem upgrading OS (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/168873-problem-upgrading-os.html)

CrazyBeautiful 01-06-2009 04:05 AM

Problem upgrading OS
 
:cry: ok ok so I was installing the new OS thats up there in the stickys to my Pearl, and I followed everything instruction and my phone was just here loading like the post said it would. Well I picked up my blackberry and I don't know what the hell happened but I didn't see or feel the stupid USB cord wiggle but I guess it did and the computer made that DUN DUN. DUN DUN. sound it does when you connect something new to your computer or you disconnect something!

So NOW :cry: my blackberry won't turn on!!!! Its just a black blank nothing screen and the little light at the top is just flashing red. I took the battery out and tried to restart it, but it won't work. I have a memory card and I took that out before I tried changing anything on the phone. Also I backed up all my files before I tired anything so I'm not worried about losing data. Maybe just my Popeye game but T-mobile can always resend that to me but I got so far on it already! GRR!

Please tell me what can I do!!!??? What happened?! Please tell me that SOMETHING CAN be done! Im so so so so upset! Im trying to just install the OS with the phone turned off the way it is so far it looks like it may be working but I have no idea what I'm doing that this point someone help me please!!!:cry:

CrazyBeautiful 01-06-2009 04:08 AM

ooohh! whats happening?! the computer just made that DUN DUN. DUN DUN. sound again and my phone has turned itself on but a little casset tape looking thing comes up with a circle no sign over it witht he numbers 507.

And I thought I would get some sleep tonight. :-(


...edit to add...

Now on my phone is a picture of a little computer and a little phone with 2 arrows between them.


Im reading what the post says and I saw that while loading it tells you it's self do not dissconnect but I didn't know it did or would!

I'm readying this on the sticky post above,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redflea (Post 1149344)
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.

and thats what I am going but my phone just will not turn on. :-(:cry:

Guitarded 01-06-2009 04:21 AM

You will need to do a cold install most likely. You can try running it again like normal but it may not recognize the device.

So what you'll want to do is, pull the battery out, then plug it in to the PC. With the battery still out, run the desktop managers application loader. It should recognize it as an unknown PIN. Follow through the menu like normal. When it starts it will clear EVERYthing and then begin installing again. You will need to watch the progress and insert the battery while it is working. I recommend re-insterting the battery right when it finishes deleting all the files from the memory.

Let me know if that works. I hope so.

CrazyBeautiful 01-06-2009 04:44 AM

Thanks. I dont know what I did because I was crying the whole time I was doing it but I got my phone to turn back on with all my data lost, even though its backed up my popeye game is gone all that work to get to level 12 for nothing!....
Well it turned back on with 4.5. I dont like it, it scares me. Im on my t-mobile right now installing their always late on everything, 4.2 back on my phone.

Ugh. I could just slap myself.

CrazyBeautiful 01-06-2009 04:50 AM

Oh yea and guess what! All of you that are my BB Buddies will know what I'm talking about.

AFTER I 4.5 INSTALLED, TYPING TROOPER DECIDED IT COME BACK STILL!!! ITS LIKE A LITTLE ROACH. NOTHING WILL KILL IT OR GET RID OF IT! I can delete it for a few days but sooner or later it reporduces and comes right back on my phone!

CrazyBeautiful 01-06-2009 05:18 AM

now im having even more trouble putting my 4.2 back on!!!! help again...please

Guitarded 01-06-2009 05:43 AM

It's ok. Try to not stress it too much. I know what it is like to be completely dependant and attached to your phone so I know the situation sucks.

The trooper typing comes back becasue of a service book that is sent by T-mobile. You may try going in to delete the service book for trooper typing first, and then uninstall the program after doing that. I have actually not looked into do this yet, but that should work.

What problem are you having with the 4.5? Why are you going to go back to the 4.2? I have the 4.5 and it does work quite a bit better. I would encourage you to try it out for a while unless you absolutely cant handle it. What exactly do you need/want out of your phone at this point?

You can PIN me, and ask me any questions you have.

ScooterG 01-06-2009 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyBeautiful (Post 1235751)
now im having even more trouble putting my 4.2 back on!!!! help again...please

How do I downgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

CrazyBeautiful 01-06-2009 11:13 AM

[quote=Guitarded;1235766]It's ok. Try to not stress it too much. I know what it is like to be completely dependant and attached to your phone so I know the situation sucks.[\QUOTE]

Yes I am! And I have good reason for it to. :-(
I just want it to go back to 4.2. I don't like the way this is working on my phone its slower, my messengers are gone and I don't like the way it looks. No I can't handle it and yes I need my phone. I take it every where with me, every where. I am so upset. I've been trying to get my phone to go back to 4.2 and have had no luck! I'll try to do what this post above says and come back and let you know what happens next.

CrazyBeautiful 01-06-2009 11:28 AM

:cry: OMG ok this is not working. Every time it gets to the point that says, application loader it just stays bank and nothing happens!

jsconyers 01-06-2009 11:35 AM

To go back to 4.2, it would be easiest to get back to a 507 error (this indicates no OS on the device). You can get there by following these steps.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

Download the version of 4.2 for your device. Uninstall the 4.5 version you have installed on your PC. Install The version of 4.2 that you've downloaded. Connect your device and then launch Desktop Manager. Run the Application Loader and install 4.2 on your device.

I hope that helps :smile:

CrazyBeautiful 01-06-2009 11:43 AM

:-( OK I'll try it.... since nothing else has worked...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1236152)
To go back to 4.2, it would be easiest to get back to a 507 error (this indicates no OS on the device). You can get there by following these steps.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

Download the version of 4.2 for your device. Uninstall the 4.5 version you have installed on your PC. Install The version of 4.2 that you've downloaded. Connect your device and then launch Desktop Manager. Run the Application Loader and install 4.2 on your device.

I hope that helps :smile:


CrazyBeautiful 01-06-2009 11:47 AM

OK is this going to be safe for my phone? To wipe it out? Because my phone is already so jacked up because of this 4.5 I don't want it to mess up even more.

My phone is missing so many things now and it's running slow and I just don't like the way it looks. I'm so upset.

jsconyers 01-06-2009 12:03 PM

It will restore your phone back to default in essence. Basically like you just got it out of the box. You will then have to do a restore of your data. All of the 3rd party apps that you've lost will still be gone.

In the future, follow these steps to backup all of your 3rd party apps. http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...arty-apps.html

CrazyBeautiful 01-06-2009 02:08 PM

OH God! My blackberry is nothing but a brick with a pink gel skin right now. :-(
I don't know what to do. I called T-Mobile and didn't tell them that I upgraded to 4.5 but told them I was trying to upgrade to 4.2 and that nothing is working. They gave me some steeps to do but I don't know or think they will work. I'm really scared to wipe out the whole thing like you say because nothing else has worked and just has made my phone even worse. I need A LOT of help.

kevinwska 01-06-2009 02:17 PM

You probably should of stuck with 4.5 I don't know what was so scary with it. Typing Tutor is probably something T-Mobil pushes all carries have programs they push that you can never fully get rid of without editing files before an upgrade.

After these issues you have to wipe the phone usually. As long as you made a backup before you tried to upgrade last time it will mostly be like nothing happened.

CrazyBeautiful 01-06-2009 02:33 PM

I don't like this 4.5. It doesn't work. Its running so slow and everything on my phone is gone. I don't care about the typing trooper any more I just want to 4.2 back. None of my messengers not even my blackberry messenger will work. The apps keep telling me, this app is for a blackberry pearl 8100 and will not work for your handset.

I'm worried about wiping out the whole phone. So far I have uninstalled everything and everything on my computer that has to do with blackberry then reinstalled the DM from T-Mobile and the T-Mobile 4.2 OS. Now I am trying to put things back together. I still have not done the jl_Cmd...thing whatever that is. That really scares me in that I think it's going to mess up my phone even more!


Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinwska (Post 1236400)
You probably should of stuck with 4.5 I don't know what was so scary with it. Typing Tutor is probably something T-Mobil pushes all carries have programs they push that you can never fully get rid of without editing files before an upgrade.

After these issues you have to wipe the phone usually. As long as you made a backup before you tried to upgrade last time it will mostly be like nothing happened.


impalass96 01-06-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyBeautiful (Post 1236418)
I don't like this 4.5. It doesn't work. Its running so slow and everything on my phone is gone. I don't care about the typing trooper any more I just want to 4.2 back. None of my messengers not even my blackberry messenger will work. The apps keep telling me, this app is for a blackberry pearl 8100 and will not work for your handset.

I'm worried about wiping out the whole phone. So far I have uninstalled everything and everything on my computer that has to do with blackberry then reinstalled the DM from T-Mobile and the T-Mobile 4.2 OS. Now I am trying to put things back together. I still have not done the jl_Cmd...thing whatever that is. That really scares me in that I think it's going to mess up my phone even more!

Do you have a Micro SD Card installed? If yes, try removing it and run your device without and if it runs smoother you might have to backup the DATA on SD card and format the SD card with your device and then reload the DATA back on the card...... Just a thought.

CrazyBeautiful 01-06-2009 02:51 PM

Yes I have one and I took it out before I even tried installing 4.5 so it has been out all along.

Quote:

Originally Posted by impalass96 (Post 1236436)
Do you have a Micro SD Card installed? If yes, try removing it and run your device without and if it runs smoother you might have to backup the DATA on SD card and format the SD card with your device and then reload the DATA back on the card...... Just a thought.


impalass96 01-06-2009 03:03 PM

Perhaps the OS needs to go through all the processes and configure completely, maybe leave it alone for a couple of hours and see what happens.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.