Hello all. I'm about to finally attempt the latest OS upgrade, but having never done an OS upgrade I have a few questions. Yes, I am one of the few who still have 184.108.40.206.
Sorry if all of this should be obvious.
1. Should I remove my 2GB micro sd card first? Do I just plug this in after the upgrade or do I need to do anything to it first?
2. Should I remove my SIM card first?
3. I did a backup via the Desktop Manager program. Will I use that to do a restore after the upgrade to get my contacts back? Or are my contacts stored on my SIM card?
4. Should I do any restore via the Desktop Manager after I do the OS upgrade?
5. Anything else I should do to prepare? Please don't assume that something should be obvious as I've never done this before.
Fyi, I have Vista Home Premium 64 bit and Desktop Manager 4.2. Oh, and I have a BB Pearl 8100 from AT&T.
Thanks for any advice you can give to a noob!