I just found this so I thought I would post it.
Software For BlackBerry® Pearl (TM) 8130 smartphone
BlackBerry Handheld Software v220.127.116.11 (Multilanguage)
This is from Alltel, but will load to ANY 8130 by following the instructions below.
BlackBerry Handheld Software v18.104.22.168 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 22.214.171.124
* Applications: 126.96.36.199
* Software Platform: 188.8.131.52
* File name: 8130uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel253_PL184.108.40.206_A220.127.116.11_Al ltel.exe
* File size: 88 MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Download here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do
Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 8130:
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
How to determine if you have an ESN or MEID based device.
From the main menu, select Options, then select Status.
ESN devices - On the Status screen you will see ESN on the display
MEID devices – On the Status screen you will see MEID on the display.
NOTE – You cannot install ESN-based software on a MEID device, nor can you install MEID-based software on an ESN device. They are NOT interchangeable.