06-03-2009, 02:12 AM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | 8120 Pearl issues
Please Login to Remove!
I got my 8120 indigo Pearl on Orange a couple of months ago after reading many positive reviews. It replaced a Nokia 6300 that I got on well with but this Blackberry is driving me NUTS. Can anybody help?
- Sometimes I get an SMS, read it and delete it. When I go back to the very front screen it is listed under messages, I can read it again and delete it again. It is still there after deleteing it for a second time, still there if I turn the phone off and the only way to get rid of it is to pull the battery out
- The blinking LED is useful when I get an SMS but really annoys me by flashing when the battery is low plus it glows when charging. Can I choose what items it flashes for?
- The backlight seems to vary in brightness according to....God knows what. Sometimes it comes on bright, sometimes dim, sometimes not at all and sometimes bright and then dim. How can I set it to be bright all the time?
- When the keypad is locked and I press a button I get a menu come up of "Unlock", "Emergency Call", "Cancel". I DON'T WANT emergency call cos that could be very dodgy if done accidently and all "Unlock" does is tell me what buttons to press to unlock they keypad, it doesn't do it itself
- Phone locks up for no reason at least once a day, often when on the "Unlock" "Emergency Call" "Cancel" screen
- Can I set a timer so that the keypad locks after, say, 2 minutes like I had on my Nokia? That would be most useful
Please help with these problems as I feel like putting my phone under the wheels of a bus and getting another Nokia