06-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 783 Times in 743 Posts
Google is your friend!
JVM 102 error means that a .cod file on your phone seems to be corrupt, so the phone refuses to load it.
This is a possible resolution, however, my advice is to wipe the device and reload the OS. If you don't have a good back up then this might get it up so you can make one:
Follow these steps:
1. Download JL_Cmder
2. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable that came with it.
3. Run JL_Cmder and select option 2 (event log)
4. Scroll to the bottom of the log and look for "JVM Error 102." The line before it should tell you exactly what file is causing the error. It might look something like this. Save the file name; you will need it later.
5. Go to Start > Run, and type "cmd" then press Enter.
6. Change directory to the JL_Cmder installation folder.
e.g., type: cd "C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\" and press enter
7. Type the following command to remove the offending file:
javaloader.exe -u erase -f FILENAME
where FILENAME is the name of the .cod file.
8. Disconnect your phone from your PC and restart it.
This might not be a permanent solution, but it should at least let you boot up your BB so that you can back up all your data before reinstalling everything.