06-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Dead Battery or dead phone? 8110
Please Login to Remove!
I accidentally washed and dried my phone a couple days ago and let it dry out and hoped against all odds that it might just come back on, but alas it did not. The phone is completely unresponsive but the battery also only has 6 millivolts running across the terminals. Before i go buy a new one though I was hoping i could find a way to make sure its actually the phone and not just the battery.
When plugged into the wall the phone has a little over three volts running across the two middle battery contacts and nothing on the main ones. It seems to me that it would only charge the battery if it got the right response from those two middle shoes. My theory is then that it could be that the heat blew the battery and the phone doesn't know to charge it.
Is there a way to check if the phone works without a battery? No light comes on when its plugged into the wall but but i don't know if thats unusual.
sorry about the long post, thanks for any help.
Last edited by ScarleTomato : 06-15-2009 at 12:18 AM.