BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2009, 01:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default my trackball doesnt click...

Please Login to Remove!

unless i jam on it really hard my trackball is a waste of time... scrolls fine. go to click and it laughs at me... ive put it in my pockets with no problem... then i wore jeans and threw it in there... ive heard thats the bermuda triangle for blackberrys... anyway... how do i fix this? and i dont know how to open up my BB so if you have a thread to place where it shows you how that would be great!

thanks!
Offline  
Old 06-30-2009, 01:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorship View Post
unless i jam on it really hard my trackball is a waste of time... scrolls fine. go to click and it laughs at me... ive put it in my pockets with no problem... then i wore jeans and threw it in there... ive heard thats the bermuda triangle for blackberrys... anyway... how do i fix this? and i dont know how to open up my BB so if you have a thread to place where it shows you how that would be great!

thanks!

Here you go:

TrackBall / Select Button Gone Crazy!


Good Luck!

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 06-30-2009, 02:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

so i opened it up and looked inside. the "plate" is popped up (like a snapple if i press on it - it clicks) is that right? and i cleaned it off a little bit. still no luck... i cracked that fake crome case too!! bad day for me lol
Offline  
Old 06-30-2009, 02:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorship View Post
so i opened it up and looked inside. the "plate" is popped up (like a snapple if i press on it - it clicks) is that right? and i cleaned it off a little bit. still no luck... i cracked that fake crome case too!! bad day for me lol
If the snapple top is facing "up" and you are pressing it down in the bottle it's correct. Make sure the bottom of the cap doesn't have corrosion on it. If that fails im not sure what's up. I have saved 5 BB's in this condition with 100% success. You can buy a new trackball assembly for next to nothing using the link in my signature.

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 06-30-2009, 09:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
mdschomburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Model: 8130
OS: 4.5.0.175
PIN: 31e1646a
Carrier: alltel
Posts: 38
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Jeans pockets are the only place I keep my Pearl, and the only prob is lint...are you playing contact football while carrying it around?
Offline  
Old 06-30-2009, 04:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

there is some black crud on the copper piece. ill get some alcohol and try and clean it out again... like i said.. if i ream on it... it works... but it wont just click nicely.
Offline  
Old 06-30-2009, 05:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorship View Post
there is some black crud on the copper piece. ill get some alcohol and try and clean it out again... like i said.. if i ream on it... it works... but it wont just click nicely.
Yes, that is corrosion and it's interfering with the contact. Q-tip and alcohol, dip, then SQUEEZE out excess THEN clean all the corrosion off! Your trackball should then select easily.
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 06-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

is alcohol the only thing that will work? i cant seem to find any... i tried using a wetnap LOL... didnt work.
Offline  
Old 06-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorship View Post
is alcohol the only thing that will work? i cant seem to find any... i tried using a wetnap LOL... didnt work.
Yes, it seems to work the best. I am sure others might be able to make suggestions. Just make sure that nothing gets the device too wet (no drips) or you will have a whole new problem on your hands!
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.