10-11-2009, 02:52 AM
Join Date: Oct 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | GPS not working on 8110
Please Login to Remove!
I just bought a Pearl 8110 last Friday and never got to see the GPS working,what am I doing wrong:
- in options/advanced settings/GPS: GPS Data source: device GPS an GPS services: Location on.
Below I get only '0' for latitude, longiture and number of satellites.
- When I hit 'refresh' after 'scanning for satellites' for a while I get 'Unable to acquire GPS lock'. I tried it outdoor.
- Googlemaps cannot find GPS tracking
- BB maps after displaying 'searching for satellites' for several minutes display: Unable to acquire GPS lock.
- I did not register for telenav yet (is that compulsory to activate GPS?)
- I have a BB Data plan but did not yet register email addresses or anything else.
Is there something I am missing, could it be broken? (it is brand new!)
Thanks for the help
Last edited by pgerhard : 10-11-2009 at 03:03 AM.