Originally Posted by aawong
i put the media card in and format, and all is fine i can see the card fine. But once i put some files on the card thought the usb cable than the card cannot be read. Ok so i reformat the card and all is fine. so i decide to take the card out and add files on with the sd adaptor mp3's in the music folded than i put the card in and again can't see the card. I have all the options on card support, mass storage? help.
I would start all over again and see if the problem is you or the card.
One thing is to know that you CANNOT see any files that have been transferred on to the Pearl until you 1) disconnect your USB cable; and 2) back out of card's folder view on the Pearl and go to your Pearl's desktop. After that, you can re-enter the Pearl's media folders and the transferred files will appear on the list. By backing out to the desktop, this refreshes the microSD cards file list. Now to start over:
As a first step, before
going through the below procedures, set up the Pearl to use the chip. Triple check the settings even if you swear they are all correct.
Don't assume you are right and not check the settings. To set the Pearl up to use the MicroSD card:
Turn <Media Card Support> to 'on'
Turn <Mass Storage Mode Support> to "on"
Set <Auto Enable Mass Storage...> to "yes"
click <escape> key [key to right of trackball] to get to <save> option
Scroll to 'yes' and click trackball to save the settings. Now to other steps:
1. First test the microSD card to make sure it is working. Do NOT install it on the Pearl. Place it in a PC card reader. Does XP recognize the chip and open File Explorer?
If it does, while in there, might as well format the chip to make sure nothing is gumming up the works. Do NOT format the card on the Pearl
Go to your PC's "My Computer," highlight or select the chip, while highlighted right click, select "format" and make sure to do a full format
, NOT the "quick format."
3. Now install the chip into the Pearl.
4. Put battery in. Pearl will "boot up."
5. While booting up, the Pearl will create default folders on the microSD card. Check to see if the Pearl did in fact do this.
Click <media> icon
Select and click one of the media icon types, e.g., <video>
<media card> should be a listed item. Click that.
Folder should be empty since you are just seeing if it works.
6. If all is well, back out to your Pearl desktop.
7. Now connect the USB cable, PC to the Pearl. Do NOT open DeskTop Manager at any time.
Does the PC recognize the card and open up File Explorer? If so, now minimize that folder.
8. Open up another instance of File Explorer. Go to an MP3 file [hard for MP3 file to be screwed up]. Highlight the MP3 file, right click and select <copy>.
9. Now maximize the microSD's folder and open the "music" folder. Press paste and confirm the MP3 file is being copied on to the Pearl, into the chip's music folder.
10. Disconnect the USB cable AFTER transfer is complete.
11. Back out of the Pearl on to its "desktop."
12. Click <media> player icon, go to <music>, then <media card>.
The file should be there.
If it is not, dunno what it could be.