BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
SanFrancisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco
Model: 9700
OS: XP, 7
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 2,345
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Another Review of a Seidio Case

Please Login to Remove!

I have been using my Seidio CLEAR case that arrived Monday. Not a long time, but since I have a box with about 100 cases accumulated from various devices over the years, I feel qualified to give a report with only 24 hours use.

Bottom line first, I give this case two thumbs up and five gold stars. I say this mainly because Seidio cases appear to be of very good quality. Yes, you can hang around eBay [like I have since 1998] and find cheaper imitations, but the cases are NOT going to be of the same fit and finish as a Seidio case. The maxim definitely applies here: "You get what you pay for."

The two things that stand out about this particular hard case are 1) the case sits snugly or close to the phone body. This is important to me because I do not like a case that turns the Pearl into a fat canoli; and 2) the cutouts around the case are very precise. When coming up with this design, the engineers made sure that the holes and cutouts matched perfectly with the ports and switches on the phone.

This case is GREAT is you want to add a layer of protection should you unfortunately drop the phone. In my opinion [having dropped many an electronic device on to hard surfaces] this case will take the brunt of any impact. In other words, while you might crack your case, the Pearl will survive. In a way, this case is like putting a crash helmet on the Pearl.

A feature that I prefer [but this is really a matter of personal preference] is that the keyboard and display are NOT covered with plastic. I like being able to type directly on to keys [especially the Pearl's small keys] and for clarity, I don't like layers of plastic on the display.

I do have the Best Skins Ever on the display area, so that is good enough for me.

This case design is also nice for when you want to slip the Pearl into a pocket, backpack [or in a purse, I would think, but I don't carry a purse so I can't say for sure]. It offers protection for the most vulnerable part of the phone, which IMHO are all the black parts and the metal sides.

Oh, by the way, I had to do a battery reset. The case unsnapped and went back together fairly easy. Just remember not to force anything. You are not dealing with metal here, but plastic. Start jamming things together, something will break.

I also ordered the Seidio black rubberized case, which I assume will be like the grips on my 9MM handguns. I'll see which one I prefer to keep on the Pearl, but for now, I am very pleased with this product.

I'm so pleased I'll stop buying cheap cases on eBay.






Last edited by SanFrancisco : 11-08-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
king machete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Model: 8320
PIN: 243BD7DA
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 78
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nice!!!!!!
__________________
~King Machete~

BlackBerry 8320 Curve
Offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 12:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
phungy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gainesville/Sarasota/NYC
Model: iFone
OS: OSX
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 924
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I think you'll like the Rubberized Case better but I'm glad you like the case in general. Better pictures than the ones in my review thread
__________________
Former BB8100 owner.
3GS 32GB
Offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 12:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I, too, am sporting the crystal case. I agree with SF (and live there, too). The case fits perfectly, I've removed and re-applied it once thusfar, without problems.

I don't know how much crash helmet protection it will provide, as there is no soft padding or other insulation, but the hard case will surely take the brunt. It does collect (and show) a little lint, hairs, etc in the openings after being stuffed in a pocket, but nothing on the case itself. This will likely make me want to remove it weekly (or so) and brush it off.

I just ordered the rubberized, so we'll see. My wife is still toting the seidio white skin and, despite my ordering two, has no interest in switching to the crystal. To each, their own... but a good testament to the seidio product line.
Offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 12:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
SanFrancisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco
Model: 9700
OS: XP, 7
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 2,345
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phungy
I think you'll like the Rubberized Case better but I'm glad you like the case in general. Better pictures than the ones in my review thread
Well, my girlfriend just came home, saw the clear case for the first time [because I did not show it to her before] and she started whining and having a fit about how she wanted it for her Pearl, so now I don't have it anymore.

What a drag. I knew there was good reason not to let her see it. I'm weak. I hate being weak.
Offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 12:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
No Longer Registered.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I've had bad experience with Crystal Cases...

Though it makes your gadget pretty cool and NOT too fancy, I am not soo much of a fan when it comes to dust. Crystal Case attract dust like magnet. I don't know about this Crystal Case, but the one I got in China and also made in China, was very nice too. But as I have said, dust magnet. It gets in between your phone and the case and you have to unsnap the sides to be able to clean it really well... why? because dusts stand out when your phone is black. Can't wait to hear more reviews from users who have used this for weeks. I might get this one if their experiences are different from mine.
 
Old 11-08-2006, 12:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
kasperapd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,946
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
Well, my girlfriend just came home, saw the clear case for the first time [because I did not show it to her before] and she started whining and having a fit about how she wanted it for her Pearl, so now I don't have it anymore.

What a drag. I knew there was good reason not to let her see it. I'm weak. I hate being weak.
Now that's funny! Good review on the case, I just wish they would process my order and ship mine. It's been 4 business days and nothing so far.
__________________
CrackBerry

Please try a Search
Offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 12:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
SanFrancisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco
Model: 9700
OS: XP, 7
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 2,345
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesecatt
I've had bad experience with Crystal Cases...

Though it makes your gadget pretty cool and NOT too fancy, I am not soo much of a fan when it comes to dust. Crystal Case attract dust like magnet. I don't know about this Crystal Case, but the one I got in China and also made in China, was very nice too. But as I have said, dust magnet. It gets in between your phone and the case and you have to unsnap the sides to be able to clean it really well... why? because dusts stand out when your phone is black. Can't wait to hear more reviews from users who have used this for weeks. I might get this one if their experiences are different from mine.
But I think that is true of any case. I have always had to clean my phones, about once a week, because dirt will collect here and there.

By the way, I love that orange skin you sold me. I need two more of those, in black.
Offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 12:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
No Longer Registered.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Good that you love them. I only got 1 left. 'Twas actually a surprise that of all the colors available, ORANGE is the hottest color that was ordered. And I guess I blame you for that.. LOL... you said it's a nice color for easy phone locator.

Now back to the topic, I can't wait for you or your gf to review this case after 2 weeks of use. *Awaits patiently*
 
Old 11-08-2006, 01:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
No Longer Registered.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ohhhh.. btw.. I love the pictures.. you take pretty awesome photos.
 
Old 11-08-2006, 01:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;
Posts: 1,620
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Great pix posted!! I love the crystal case I purchased from Seidio except my only concern is that the upper right hand corner if I press near there (not that I have a habit of it lol) doesn't seem so secure. The top, sides and bottom all made a clicking noise when I put it together so I am assuming it's on correctly.
Offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 01:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
No Longer Registered.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yes you assume right. When it snaps or as you say "clicking noise", it means the case is secured together. Just be very careful in unsnapping it because any crystal case is pretty fragile.

I think this case if pretty cool.
 
Old 11-08-2006, 01:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;
Posts: 1,620
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am so careful when I open it up to do a reset by pulling out my battery. I love the case though.
Offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 08:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
phungy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gainesville/Sarasota/NYC
Model: iFone
OS: OSX
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 924
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitty
I am so careful when I open it up to do a reset by pulling out my battery. I love the case though.
Me too. I start with unlatching the sides. How about you?
__________________
Former BB8100 owner.
3GS 32GB
Offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 08:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
phungy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gainesville/Sarasota/NYC
Model: iFone
OS: OSX
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 924
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
Well, my girlfriend just came home, saw the clear case for the first time [because I did not show it to her before] and she started whining and having a fit about how she wanted it for her Pearl, so now I don't have it anymore.

What a drag. I knew there was good reason not to let her see it. I'm weak. I hate being weak.
Heh, I wonder if she'll want the rubberized case when she sees it.
__________________
Former BB8100 owner.
3GS 32GB
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.