BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2006, 05:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Model: 8100
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New to Blackberry - please help !!!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I am bout to buy a Pearl (8100) from Vodafone UK, but I have read so much about the Blackberry that I am confused. I know I am asking a lot here, but could someone please help me find the answers to my questions. Your help is much appreciated.

1) Does the Internet come free with your price plan ? If I get Vodafone's Anytime 200, am I likely to get free web browsing ?

2) I have an e-mail account at work on the Microsoft Exchange. Do I need to subscribe to anything to get e-mail ? Or can I just set up my Blackberry to receive e-mail without added cost ? Will I be able to get e-mail 'straight out of the box' or does my mobile phone provider Vodafone have to add the service ?

3) Does it cost money to send and receive e-mail ?

4) Can I sync a Blackberry with Outlook Calendar ? Does it require anything extra from my mobile phone provider ?



I hope you can help

Many thanks

Marc
Offline  
Old 11-12-2006, 07:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone
Posts: 102
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalaciousCrumb
1) Does the Internet come free with your price plan ? If I get Vodafone's Anytime 200, am I likely to get free web browsing ?
No internet browsing is included in this plan. You have to get an additional plan that'll cost you 12.77 pounds and will include BlackBerry E-mail, but still no browsing. I don't know if there is any plan for data in Vodafone, but just visit a Vodafone store and ask them about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalaciousCrumb
2) I have an e-mail account at work on the Microsoft Exchange. Do I need to subscribe to anything to get e-mail ? Or can I just set up my Blackberry to receive e-mail without added cost ? Will I be able to get e-mail 'straight out of the box' or does my mobile phone provider Vodafone have to add the service ?
You need to get the BlackBerry plan from Vodafone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalaciousCrumb
3) Does it cost money to send and receive e-mail ?
See above

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalaciousCrumb
4) Can I sync a Blackberry with Outlook Calendar ? Does it require anything extra from my mobile phone provider ?
You can sync. You need the BlackBery plan.

[/quote]I hope you can help

Many thanks

Marc[/quote]

I hope it helps
__________________
Phone Tales:
OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pearl + Axim x51v
Offline  
Old 11-12-2006, 08:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A
Posts: 3,309
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalaciousCrumb
Hi,

I am bout to buy a Pearl (8100) from Vodafone UK, but I have read so much about the Blackberry that I am confused. I know I am asking a lot here, but could someone please help me find the answers to my questions. Your help is much appreciated.

1) Does the Internet come free with your price plan ? If I get Vodafone's Anytime 200, am I likely to get free web browsing ?

No, you need a BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account for anything data related on a BlackBerry. Not unlomited data or unlimited gprs, a specific BlackBerry Data Plan.

2) I have an e-mail account at work on the Microsoft Exchange. Do I need to subscribe to anything to get e-mail ? Or can I just set up my Blackberry to receive e-mail without added cost ? Will I be able to get e-mail 'straight out of the box' or does my mobile phone provider Vodafone have to add the service ?

You can use the BlackBerry Desktop Re-Director to forward messages from your exchange account to your BlackBerry

3) Does it cost money to send and receive e-mail ?

Yes in the sense that you need a BlackBerry Data Plan and data counts against that.

4) Can I sync a Blackberry with Outlook Calendar ? Does it require anything extra from my mobile phone provider ?

You can sync with Outlook via usb and the Desktop Manage. If you require wireless sync you'll need BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) connectivity through your company or hosted

I hope you can help

Many thanks

Marc
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.