Originally Posted by sbaillar
I was able to send a file via bluetooth on my macbook pro.
1) Obviously pair the devices together. You'll be given a security code for the MAC to put into your phone.
2) Click the bluetooth icon in the menu bar. There should be a send file menu option.
3) Select which file you want to send, but don't send it yet.
4) Go to the media option and choose where to save the file. I've sent 1 MB mp3 ringtone. So I went under ringtones->device memory. You should see the menu button: recieve via bluetooth (or something like that)..
5) send the file from the MAC and then click the receive.
6) hopefully you'll see the file transfer happen and it should be in the directory that you were in.
Everything works good up until point #6.. I am not sending mp3 ringtones persay.. just mp3's (320kbps VBR) and it only allows me to choose the ringtones folder.. not the music folder under Media?? When I click accept thats when I get the failed transfer error msg..