BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Anthem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northeast
Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Can anyone access the attached

Please Login to Remove!

Web page from their pearl without getting the following error?

HTTP Error 413: Request Entity To Large

http://www.tuneusin.com/Rock%20%26%20Pop.html

I am trying to access the page so I can download some of the ringtones.

Thanks
Offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 1,050
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem
HTTP Error 413: Request Entity To Large
That is a large page ...

You could try loading it through a Webpage compressor like: http://www.google.com/gwt/n
Offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 1,050
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhutchison
...You could try loading it through a Webpage compressor like: Enter a URL
Tested ... works well on my 8703e.
Offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Anthem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northeast
Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I use to be able to access this from my 8700C but, since I switched to the pearl I cannot.
Offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Spamdumpster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, Mass.
Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 598
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Loaded on my Cingular Pearl.

Anthem, are you on BES or BIS? When this page loaded on your 8700, was it with the Internet Browser or the Blackberry Browser?
Offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Anthem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northeast
Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

With the compressor I can only access part of the page with no access to the other information on the full page.

Last edited by Anthem : 12-05-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Anthem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northeast
Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm on BES just as I was with my 8700C. I only have two browsers (BlackBerry Browser & Cingular Media Net.)

Can you please advise how I can get access to the internet Browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamdumpster

Loaded on my Cingular Pearl.

Anthem, are you on BES or BIS? When this page loaded on your 8700, was it with the Internet Browser or the Blackberry Browser?
Offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 152
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

works fine on my TMo Pearl on .67 OS
Offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 11:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: TorontO
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
PIN: 2322E11D
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 471
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I was actually just downloading some ringers from there the other day with no problems on my Rogers Pearl running on .67 OS.
__________________
Blackberry Torch 9800
PIN #: 2322E11D
O/S: 6.0.0.246
Offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Spamdumpster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, Mass.
Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 598
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem
I'm on BES just as I was with my 8700C. I only have two browsers (BlackBerry Browser & Cingular Media Net.)

Can you please advise how I can get access to the internet Browser.
On the Pearl, the Blackberry Browser and internet Browser are accessed from the same icon. To access the Internet Browser, select "go to ..." from the browser menu, type your address, then press the menu key and go to "change browser".

Also, in the options for each bookmark, you can specify which browser to use.

I've found that some pages won't load with the Blackberry Browser, but will load with the Internet Browser.

Hope this helps.
Offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Anthem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northeast
Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I tried your instructions and it seemed to work.

Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamdumpster
On the Pearl, the Blackberry Browser and internet Browser are accessed from the same icon. To access the Internet Browser, select "go to ..." from the browser menu, type your address, then press the menu key and go to "change browser".

Also, in the options for each bookmark, you can specify which browser to use.

I've found that some pages won't load with the Blackberry Browser, but will load with the Internet Browser.

Hope this helps.
Offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Works fine on my Cingular Pearl
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.