12-07-2006, 04:26 AM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Crush County
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No, you don't need the SD, especially not for only a couple of tones. Here's what you do:
1) Make sure you've paired your Mac and your Pearl.
2)Go into your Media/Ringtones folder.
3) Click the Menu button and select "Receive File Using Bluetooth"
4) On the Mac, click on your Bluetooth icon and select "Send File"
5) Choose the file and click "Send"
6) The Pearl prompts you to accept. Do so.
7) The file will transfer within a few seconds (depending on size). The Mac will say it failed, but don't worry, it didn't (it's just a minor glitch, but everything transfers fine as long as the Pearl says the transfer was completed).
Note that you DO need an SD card to load stuff via USB. Hope that helps!