BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 65
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Pearl Case question...

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry for another thread but I just got my pearl and was looking on ebay for some cases. I see that a lot of people are recommending the rubberized one but i kind of like this platic one...

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130058034653&sspagenam e=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1


Anyone have this or heard of any reviews on it?

Also anyone know where i can get a sticker screen protector for it besides ebay?

Let me know what kind of case you have and your review on it please... thanks
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
SanFrancisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco
Model: 9700
OS: XP, 7
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 2,345
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You need to do a search on the Forum. There are many, many threads talking about cases, the different types, reviews, comments and criticisims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markymark
Sorry for another thread but I just got my pearl and was looking on ebay for some cases. I see that a lot of people are recommending the rubberized one but i kind of like this platic one...

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130058034653&sspagenam e=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1


Anyone have this or heard of any reviews on it?

Also anyone know where i can get a sticker screen protector for it besides ebay?

Let me know what kind of case you have and your review on it please... thanks
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markymark
Sorry for another thread but I just got my pearl and was looking on ebay for some cases. I see that a lot of people are recommending the rubberized one but i kind of like this platic one...

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130058034653&sspagenam e=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1


Anyone have this or heard of any reviews on it?

Also anyone know where i can get a sticker screen protector for it besides ebay?

Let me know what kind of case you have and your review on it please... thanks
I'll give a visual review:

1. It will scratch way too easily.

2. The gold contacts on the back are covered, so you can't charge the battery using the gold contacts without taking the case off.

Go with the Seidio rubberized case. It has a scratch-resistant coating and the gold contacts are usable.
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
BBF Veteran
 
coreyg510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost in Translation
Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 3,190
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
You need to do a search on the Forum. There are many, many threads talking about cases, the different types, reviews, comments and criticisims.

*ahem*

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...uncements.html





In all honesty...he's correct. There are multitudes of case reviews. Good ones and bad ones. Enjoy
__________________
He's Back....and better than ever!
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Model: 8700c
Posts: 33
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markymark

Also anyone know where i can get a sticker screen protector for it besides ebay?

Let me know what kind of case you have and your review on it please... thanks
I did a ton of research and ended up ordering the Seido Rubberized case and screen protector combo..

Here is a link to pictures:
NEW RUBBERIZED CASE FOR 8100 - CSR2YBB8100-BK

I ultimately decided I wanted an additional layer of protection but not so much that it added bulk.. and I have always been one to just drop my blackberry in my pocket and go (even with my larger 8700c) so I decided to keep in the habit and forgo a case with a clip..

The case is currently en route (I am getting antsy!) so I can't give you specifics about how well I like it.. if you want a follow up drop me a private message or respond to this thread..

- Chris
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markymark
Also anyone know where i can get a sticker screen protector for it besides ebay?
Total body skin from:

Best Skins Ever Storefront
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: TorontO
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
PIN: 2322E11D
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 471
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Many users on here have the Seido rubber case + BSE full body skin. Seems like an unbeatable combination.

Just read a thread about a member who's pearl got slammed by a car door. Seido case saved it...
__________________
Blackberry Torch 9800
PIN #: 2322E11D
O/S: 6.0.0.246
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 65
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_in_ca
I did a ton of research and ended up ordering the Seido Rubberized case and screen protector combo..
What do you mean screen protector combo? Is it an option when ordering the siedo case? Or did you have to buy the screen protector separatley?

I was doing research on this site and seen this picture on the forum about the Siedo rubberized case, does this one come like that?

blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion/55102-seido-rubberized-case-review-yes-another-one.html?highlight=rubber

Sorry I cant do links yet... I havent reached 10 posts.
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 06:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 89
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

depends on who you talk to, some like some dislike seido's products. personaly i decided to go with just the best skins ever total body guard only. pearl is too good looking to cover it up.
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 06:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchao
depends on who you talk to, some like some dislike seido's products. personaly i decided to go with just the best skins ever total body guard only. pearl is too good looking to cover it up.
It won't be good looking when it's smashed in a car door.
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
SanFrancisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco
Model: 9700
OS: XP, 7
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 2,345
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markymark
What do you mean screen protector combo? Is it an option when ordering the siedo case? Or did you have to buy the screen protector separatley?

I was doing research on this site and seen this picture on the forum about the Siedo rubberized case, does this one come like that?

blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion/55102-seido-rubberized-case-review-yes-another-one.html?highlight=rubber

Sorry I cant do links yet... I havent reached 10 posts.
The case is the Seidio Rubberized Case which is hard plastic with a rubber coating. The skin is the Best Skins Ever skin that comes in two versions, total or just the display.

I went with the total BSE skin because the rubberized case fits tighter with the total body skin.

The BSE skins are $6 or $7 each, but buy 3 sets and shipping is free. The rubberized case is spendy, but look on the forum for a discount code to enter on their site.

Here is a pic of my display area with the rubberized case and BSE skin, and yes, she is a beauty, a runway model she is.

P.s. I challenge anyone to do a better job in aligning the BSE skin.


Last edited by SanFrancisco : 12-11-2006 at 06:23 PM.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.